diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   3236 views

Description

My buddy has a Grief
Phase Blade
and he is attempting to dual wield a Silence in a
Crystal Sword
in the off hand. but the game keeps swinging with Silence instead of Grief.
when using a shield instead it swings as normal. when using a lightsaber in the off hand it also works as normal. help!

Can be used to make Runewords:

My buddy has a Grief
Phase Blade
and he is attempting to dual wield a Silence in a
Crystal Sword
in the off hand. but the game keeps swinging with Silence instead of Grief.
when using a shield instead it swings as normal. when using a lightsaber in the off hand it also works as normal. help!
OP
bump. any ideas?
same thing happened with me i had to put enough dex stat points to get it to swing, is he getting dex from a ring or something? its bugged
What ability are you using? Does it matter what order you equip the items or which hand they are in?
i was trying to bezerk with a Grief and ali baba in off hand, couldnt get it to work untill i put enough points in dex, i think the problem was relying on the dex from ali baba to wield Grief, and i think it still wouldn't work relying on dex from a ring but cant remember. Didn't matter what hand i put the weapons in or equip order
OP
its a magic/gold find barb i believe he is using
Berserk
. ive heard of the dex thing with ali baba but this is Silence he is tring to just have as a stat stick in the off hand but the game keeps swinging with it as its in the main hand instead of Grief.
ask him if he is getting dex from another source to enable wielding Grief, and try just putting enough points to wield it without items
From what I understand, this is a product of when they "fixed" Str bugging. I am literally having the same problem with my assassin right now with it forcing my Bartucs into my offhand. The only way around this that I know of is to have the Hard points needed to use it in the appropriate stats. Pretty much just all around sucks dude.
OP
whats weird is that with lightsaber equiped the Grief is working fine its just when he tries to use Silence. when you compare Silence and Grief weapon damage the Silence has more. shouldnt that not matter ?
Well my Bartucs needs 79/79 str and dex, and the
Cestus
I have only needs 46/46 (I think... either way it's way much lower)

When I put on my Bartucs it's totally fine in the main hand but as soon as I put that
Cestus
in the offhand, it forces it into my main. Even the character screen displays me using the Bartucs in my main hand.

I think I read somewhere that this generally happens when you have weapons that give + to Str or Dex.

All I know for sure is that it blows ass.
Ok so I Just got my dex to 69 (base) and it Swapped back to normal. Str base is at 61.....

With bonuses, they're at 103 str, 114 dex.

Bartucs itself gives me 20 to each, and the rest of my gear is giving me +13 Str, +25Dex while charms are giving me +9, to str, +0 to Dex

I have no idea what any of this means at all, in any way, in terms of wtf was causing the issue. Maybe someone out there can figure it out though lol...
blazedas420 wrote: 2 years ago
same thing happened with me i had to put enough dex stat points to get it to swing, is he getting dex from a ring or something? its bugged
This helped me with a similar issue. Other items granting dex bonuses messed up which sword would appear in my main hand. Ultimately, until I added more base dex I couldn't put the weapon I wanted in the main hand (It would show as main on inventory screen, but not when playing).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...