Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   1618 views

Description

hey guys I dont know if its only my feeling or if you have the same "issues" but after the last patch It feels like its much harder to sell stuff. It feels like I get less traffic on my items.

If thats true I have some theories regarding this topic:

A) more people are joining this community so the supply is increasing overall.
B) the new system does not show item descriptions so its more random which offers are picked up or its more dependant on timing & bumps
C) in diablo 2 more people find items and the need for overall trading is decreasing

Im curious what you guys think about that

Can be used to make Runewords:

hey guys I dont know if its only my feeling or if you have the same "issues" but after the last patch It feels like its much harder to sell stuff. It feels like I get less traffic on my items.

If thats true I have some theories regarding this topic:

A) more people are joining this community so the supply is increasing overall.
B) the new system does not show item descriptions so its more random which offers are picked up or its more dependant on timing & bumps
C) in diablo 2 more people find items and the need for overall trading is decreasing

Im curious what you guys think about that

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
There are currently more active trades than there ever have been before on the site, nearly 42k at the moment, so I think that point A) probably has most of the weight.

Then again, over 10,000 trades sold last week alone, so perhaps your items just aren't that desirable in the current 'meta' of trading which is linked to your point C). As the hardcore have progressed to the endgame, many items have become less sought after.

Point B) is probably valid as well. I made some mistakes in v1.0 and moving trade descriptions into hover tooltips was one of them. It's being fixed though, see links in my signature.

Lastly, we've had topics like this before. There are lots of tools available to you for making your trades more visible and discoverable. To find out how to maximise your selling power on the site, see v1.0's patch notes (again, link in signature).

Hope you get some items moved soon.

OP
thx for your feedback :) its very interesting for me to get more insights. Im also very happy for you since you your work is getting more and more attraction. Guess I just felt bit nostalgic about the time 2 months ago where it was a smaller community with many interactions and trading nearly every day haha
Yeah, it's hard to sell, I think users usually have more things to sell than to buy, creating a "glut" in the marketplace.

For example, I've tried to sell like 6 or 7 items here, but I haven't tried to buy a single one yet (maybe because I know I can't afford them yet haha)
I noticed a major change when the new version went live. I went from consistently getting bids to almost nothing after the upgrade. I thought maybe it was all in my mind, but I'm not sure. Actually have more luck with in game trades now.
As per my feeling, search input and results interface have became more overloaded - it is physically harder for me to use this functionality, and seems for others too

Current search is slighly better for some exceptional categories, but in common it seems more complex

Any change to bring old Search back as an option?

Feel free to check all my trades
Add me Standinsoe#2129 for fast trade
I think the worst thing is that you have to get into a thread to see what people are looking for their items.
It was a lot better when you could just see the prices not getting into thread
I just know that sites like this one are full of undesirable people, it's hard to sell because they are always trying to rip you off.
soszmen wrote: 2 years ago
I think the worst thing is that you have to get into a thread to see what people are looking for their items.
It was a lot better when you could just see the prices not getting into thread
I think you can just hover over the thread name and a preview appears.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
this is a pretty complex issue that is dealing with tens of thousands of ppl all looking to sell a ton of things and only looking to buy like one or two things. alot of the times when the topic of trading difficulty comes up in the forum i always check the persons trade profile and 9 times out of 10 theyre just selling junk. i looked at yours and that doesn't appear to be the case here, but also saw you did have quite a bit of views on some of your trades, so you are getting eyeballs. Also, some times it just takes time. i posted an anni for trade like 5 days ago and got nothing but low ball offers that i didnt even feel like responding too, and then today within 3 hours i got 4 offers that were in my asking price. so be patient, sometimes you just need to wait to get that price youre looking for.

ive also noticed there is a certain subsect of items that continue to maintain theyre trade value or even increase in value, and others that drop so significantly to the point that theyre almost not even worth trying to sell. the latter is referring to uniques because they enter the market and basically never leave, SOJ being the only exception to this, while the former like runes, bases, certain jewels and crafting materials get used up and theyre gone so therefore must be replenished. so ive tried to alter what i focus my trading on to fit the market demand. its a really good idea to know the kind of bases that ppl are looking for, for rune words. i sold an
Eth
Giant Thresher
for an
Ohm
+ 3
Ist
, and two months ago i would have just left it on the Ground cuz i thought uniques were the best having not played D2L when runewords were a thing.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Right well I was hoping that this thread wouldn't devolve into people blaming the site for their trading failures, but it looks like it's gone that way anyway despite my measured initial response to the OP.

If you 'perceive' and 'think' that the site's new search/discovery tools have actually hurt your trading you either haven't read my first comment here or you are a willingly ignoring the facts. The new changes doubled selling and listing activity on the website - if that huge improvement didn't affect you then you're not using the tools and resources given to you properly.

Instead of crying here and undermining the hard work that went into v1.0's features with vague comments that don't actually help the site's progress, you can go and try your luck somewhere else. There's only been one valid criticism so far about item descriptions, which has been addressed already.

Locked.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...