Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
0 replies   235 views

Great work; feedback about drop rates, discoverability, categorization.

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

This website is amazing.. incredible work! Some thoughts after my first glance around:

The layout of the website leaves much to be desired atm with all of the misaligned card things (e.g. finding a specific rune on this page misc/#filter=Rune is impossible without typing the rune name into the search, even after noticing that there's a hidden Rune filter and clicking it). It's also not possible to sort runes by in-game order (i.e. by level, but note that some runes have the same level requirement) with the current sorting options (which has options like "Views", "Popularity", "Alphabetical", etc.). This concern would be partially mitigated by creating disambiguation pages for each category that succinctly list everything in that category in a sensible order, e.g. runes, gems, monsters, etc.

I also don't think Runes and Gems belong in a "Misc" category in the first place. They are
Key
components of the game that players will be looking up very frequently. Other things like "Potions", "Quest Items", "Consumables" and "Miscellaneous" can all remain under the Misc database category IMO.

If you added treasure class loot tables and showed possible drops and % chance on each monster page (or linked to a calculator page and pre-filled in the fields with the monster info on the page the user navigate from) this website could also replace https://dropcalc.silospen.com/ and be closer to a one-stop-shop website for all D2:R info. I did see something about this in the roadmap, but the current idea about how it would be implemented makes no sense to me:
Tracking statistics and integration with the site are happening. In turn this will feed data into a drop rates dataset for each item (user reports monster/difficulty dropped from when adding to their collection).
Why would you be tracking player statistics? This is going to create terribly inaccurate drop rates for the foreseeable future, and probably even years to come for ultra rare drops. The correct way to implement this would be to look at the game's loot tables and how items are rolled, both of which are pretty well reverse engineered at this point (see silospen, linked above, which does exactly this).

Looking forward to seeing the site improve. It really is astonishing how far along it is and how much info you've condensed into each page. I'm hoping with a few strategic content layout improvements it can challenge even the most battle-tested alternatives like the
Arreat Summit
(http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runes.shtml) as the place to go for D2 info.
Description by dandymcgee

Can be used to make Runewords:

This website is amazing.. incredible work! Some thoughts after my first glance around:

The layout of the website leaves much to be desired atm with all of the misaligned card things (e.g. finding a specific rune on this page misc/#filter=Rune is impossible without typing the rune name into the search, even after noticing that there's a hidden Rune filter and clicking it). It's also not possible to sort runes by in-game order (i.e. by level, but note that some runes have the same level requirement) with the current sorting options (which has options like "Views", "Popularity", "Alphabetical", etc.). This concern would be partially mitigated by creating disambiguation pages for each category that succinctly list everything in that category in a sensible order, e.g. runes, gems, monsters, etc.

I also don't think Runes and Gems belong in a "Misc" category in the first place. They are
Key
components of the game that players will be looking up very frequently. Other things like "Potions", "Quest Items", "Consumables" and "Miscellaneous" can all remain under the Misc database category IMO.

If you added treasure class loot tables and showed possible drops and % chance on each monster page (or linked to a calculator page and pre-filled in the fields with the monster info on the page the user navigate from) this website could also replace https://dropcalc.silospen.com/ and be closer to a one-stop-shop website for all D2:R info. I did see something about this in the roadmap, but the current idea about how it would be implemented makes no sense to me:
Tracking statistics and integration with the site are happening. In turn this will feed data into a drop rates dataset for each item (user reports monster/difficulty dropped from when adding to their collection).
Why would you be tracking player statistics? This is going to create terribly inaccurate drop rates for the foreseeable future, and probably even years to come for ultra rare drops. The correct way to implement this would be to look at the game's loot tables and how items are rolled, both of which are pretty well reverse engineered at this point (see silospen, linked above, which does exactly this).

Looking forward to seeing the site improve. It really is astonishing how far along it is and how much info you've condensed into each page. I'm hoping with a few strategic content layout improvements it can challenge even the most battle-tested alternatives like the
Arreat Summit
(http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runes.shtml) as the place to go for D2 info.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...