Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   4547 views

Description

Hello all,

It seems the only desired auto-mods for paladin shields are the all resistance ones.

are there any cases in which the enhanced damage auto mods would be considered useful, or perhaps even super valuable?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello all,

It seems the only desired auto-mods for paladin shields are the all resistance ones.

are there any cases in which the enhanced damage auto mods would be considered useful, or perhaps even super valuable?
I've seen high ED on
Eth
Vortex Shields sell for multiple
Jah
and
Ber

I am assuming it was for a smiter vs smiter pvp duel.
As for the rest, I can't say. Hope that helps.

Schnorki 3357Moderator

PC
Simply put, if you need the res, then yeah, that'll win. If you don't bother with physical attacks (hammerdins and the like), res also wins.
If you get the res elsewhere but do actually use physical attacks, then ED/AR will win.

For an uber smiter, you're typically going to prefer res, even more so if you don't want to invest into
Conviction
or
Salvation
, meaning you actually need to hit 300 (or 305 with typical gear) to
Cap
against
Mephisto

But for other physical builds, say an allrounder zealot or even some constellations of uber smiter gearing, you are set on res and want that extra ed/ar.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Most people don't think of the enhanced damage being viable but that's only cause they're smiters. Yes a Shields ed won't effect
Smite
but
Zeal
Charge
Vengeance
all do.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

Schnorki 3357Moderator

PC
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
Most people don't think of the enhanced damage being viable but that's only cause they're smiters. Yes a Shields ed won't effect
Smite
but
Zeal
Charge
Vengeance
all do.
Actually, off-weapon ED works just fine with
Smite
. Even though the LCS doesn't show it.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Smite
but
Zeal
Charge
Vengeance
all do.
Smite
Really ? Cause my
Eth
Exile has 55%ed
Akaran Rondache
does same damage as a plain
Akaran Rondache
. And my upped HoZ still does more than either.

Schnorki 3357Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Smite
but
Zeal
Charge
Vengeance
all do.
Smite
Really ? Cause my
Eth
Exile has 55%ed
Akaran Rondache
does same damage as a plain
Akaran Rondache
. And my upped HoZ still does more than either.
It does do more damage. However, it..
a) does not affect the base
Smite
damage of the shield (so the shield itself shows the same dmg, unlike a weapon with ed would) but works the same as any other off-weapon ED (e.g. Fortitude)
and b) does not show that improved damage on the (lying) character screen (aka LCS)

The same is true for Grief's flat +damage for example which is fully added to your base
Smite
damage but doesn't show up on your character screen.

Smite
is a bit annoying to really work out in that regard because some things work, others work but don't show on your stats screen so they seem like they don't work even though they do and some others don't work at all.

See https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=3532193 for example to get a better idea of all of those annoyingly confusing differences.

___
I'm gonna be so happy in an hour when I get home to test this. I thought I made a stupid trade getting this Exile and not seeing any buff. I've had it since around Thanksgiving, bought my friend a couple beers for it and it's kinda just sat in storage ever since. Now if that's the case what gloves should I use instead of dracs ? Lol, threw my whole idea of Shields upside down.

Schnorki 3357Moderator

PC
Well, you may not be able to really see a difference, especially with an
Akaran Rondache

The more ED you already have (fort, auras, ...), the less of a real difference the comparatively minor ed on your shield really makes. If you combine that with a shield that has a variable dmg range (such as your
Akaran Rondache
), you may have a hard time really seeing a difference, even though it is there.

There's other pieces that make it fairly obvious though, such as adding a Grief for the flat dmg bonus from it (night and day) and adding a Fortitude when your only other ed so far was your
Fanaticism
for example. You can very easily immediately tell the difference in those cases.

Something like a
Zakarum Shield
makes it easier to tell as well, thanks to the extremely stable damage it provides.

As for the gloves, once you get Exile to cover
Life Tap
needs,
Steelrend
remain my personal favorite for a smiter. Before Exile, it obviously remains drac's.

___
Cool, I have all of those but use CoH since the Exile doesn't have res, just to be safe for
Mephisto
even with TGods. Was just gonna smash Diablo a couple times and see what my TTK is.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...