Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   858 views

Description

Hello all,

I would like to discuss the coming Ladder reset and its impact on the Non-Ladder economy. Given the history of this game, I assume seasoned players have a general idea of what to expect and I would like to hear your thoughts/opinions on what to invest in prior to the reset.

My assumption - it will be best to liquidate your assets in the form of Ists. Why -
Ist
is the staple currency of d2r and can be thought of as the baseline dollar amount. As there is no other currency available in d2r, the
Ist
should remain stable (e.g., 1
Ist
before Ladder reset should still be equivalent to 1
Ist
after reset). This will be in comparison to the value of higher tiered runes and valuable legendarys, all of which, including Ists, should see a substantial influx. Assuming demand stays relatively constant, I expect the increase in availability of various resources to cause a substantial reduction in value for these items (e.g., current
Ohm
= 6
Ist
, future
Ohm
= 5
Ist
??).

The simplest example I can provide is that of the
Annihilus
. The Anni is so incredibly plentiful on Ladder that its average value is 1/5 - 1/10 of current Non-Ladder values. Further increasing its availability on Non-Ladder should make the average value of an Anni effectively zero.

Another interesting aspect to consider is a potential decrease in Non-Ladder players after the start of Season 2. This will likely decrease the availability of material in the market (increasing item value), but the effects of this reduction in the player base will most likely take days, if not weeks, to see its effects.

-Travysmo
Description by Travysmo

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello all,

I would like to discuss the coming Ladder reset and its impact on the Non-Ladder economy. Given the history of this game, I assume seasoned players have a general idea of what to expect and I would like to hear your thoughts/opinions on what to invest in prior to the reset.

My assumption - it will be best to liquidate your assets in the form of Ists. Why -
Ist
is the staple currency of d2r and can be thought of as the baseline dollar amount. As there is no other currency available in d2r, the
Ist
should remain stable (e.g., 1
Ist
before Ladder reset should still be equivalent to 1
Ist
after reset). This will be in comparison to the value of higher tiered runes and valuable legendarys, all of which, including Ists, should see a substantial influx. Assuming demand stays relatively constant, I expect the increase in availability of various resources to cause a substantial reduction in value for these items (e.g., current
Ohm
= 6
Ist
, future
Ohm
= 5
Ist
??).

The simplest example I can provide is that of the
Annihilus
. The Anni is so incredibly plentiful on Ladder that its average value is 1/5 - 1/10 of current Non-Ladder values. Further increasing its availability on Non-Ladder should make the average value of an Anni effectively zero.

Another interesting aspect to consider is a potential decrease in Non-Ladder players after the start of Season 2. This will likely decrease the availability of material in the market (increasing item value), but the effects of this reduction in the player base will most likely take days, if not weeks, to see its effects.

-Travysmo

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Anni is a very specific example.

For the most part, as ladder progresses, the ratio of "still useful stuff" to runes starts becoming the same as it is on non-ladder. At that point, merging the two at season's end doesn't really change much as the ratio (and hence pricing) will still remain the same.

That obviously doesn't hold for annis as you're comparing tens of public walks a week on ladder to like..what? 1 usually private walk every 2-3 weeks? on non-ladder. So yeah, anni prices are bound to crash but should also pick back up as time goes by and as walks continue to only happen in ladder (i.e. season 2).

I would be curious to see just how big the "anni crash" will even be. A lot of folks have moved to just leaving their found annis in game on ladder, meaning the spare ones aren't even that many as compared to the number of walks itself. Further, with S2 now apparently officially starting literally the second S1 ends and folks already complaining repeatedly about "no char space" (which wasn't an issue in original D2 ladder rotations), there's a very good chance that a lot of folks will flat out delete their char(s) after S1 and move immediately into S2 with that char slot so as not to lose time because a) they need to delete it/them to make room and b) there is no break period between S1 and S2 meaning they may opt for deletion as the faster route as compared to the traditional post-season give-away games.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Anni is a very specific example.

For the most part, as ladder progresses, the ratio of "still useful stuff" to runes starts becoming the same as it is on non-ladder. At that point, merging the two at season's end doesn't really change much as the ratio (and hence pricing) will still remain the same.

That obviously doesn't hold for annis as you're comparing tens of public walks a week on ladder to like..what? 1 usually private walk every 2-3 weeks? on non-ladder. So yeah, anni prices are bound to crash but should also pick back up as time goes by and as walks continue to only happen in ladder (i.e. season 2).

I would be curious to see just how big the "anni crash" will even be. A lot of folks have moved to just leaving their found annis in game on ladder, meaning the spare ones aren't even that many as compared to the number of walks itself. Further, with S2 now apparently officially starting literally the second S1 ends and folks already complaining repeatedly about "no char space" (which wasn't an issue in original D2 ladder rotations), there's a very good chance that a lot of folks will flat out delete their char(s) after S1 and move immediately into S2 with that char slot so as not to lose time because a) they need to delete it/them to make room and b) there is no break period between S1 and S2 meaning they may opt for deletion as the faster route as compared to the traditional post-season give-away games.
So you don't believe that the effective doubling (tripling?) of runes, runewords, griffons, etc. will have a noticeable impact on the Non-Ladder economy even in the short term?
Travysmo wrote: 1 year ago
So you don't believe that the effective doubling (tripling?) of runes, runewords, griffons, etc. will have a noticeable impact on the Non-Ladder economy even in the short term?
You don't always just double the items, they come with characters. If I have 1 ladder and 1 non-ladder chars each of which have an Anni - after the reset i'll still have 2 chars with annis, which they both use. I don't delete a char so the anni is busy, it's still needed by this char.
At the same time if all your chars are blizz sorcs every season - you may delete them but keep itemz =)

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
With the merging of NL and ladder markets, not only the items pools are merged, but also the means to purchase said items (currencies: Runes and PGs).

So the only market that will crash is the Anni market, if the streamers give us enough time without a walk, it will recover eventually.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...