Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   4592 views

Description

Hi all!

I coded a very simple python script that uses the dclone progress tracker API to keep track of the dclone progress of all regions in real time (well, it updates every 90 seconds), and raises an alert (special text and a beep) if the progress gets high (4 or higher). It has also a very primitive anti-trolling feature. If you are interested in trying it out, it can be found in my github: https://github.com/Kalle-Koskinen/D2-dclone-notificator

I have also included an instructional readme in the github in case people are not familiar with running python scripts. Don't worry, it's not hard :) The script currently works only on windows machines, and *as-is* only for softcore non-ladder. I have, however, made it very easy to alter the script for hardcore and ladder, and there are instructions for that as well.

I should note that I am pretty much just a script kiddie and I haven't been able to test it thoroughly, so expect bugs. Initial tests seem to indicate that it works.

If you have any trouble, send me a message. I cannot promise a fast response, but I will try to help as I can.

For (real) programmers out there: In the unlikely event that my silly little script has any useful code in it for your purposes, feel free to use it! (I even specified it under mit license so no problems from that front)

Special thanks to diablo2.io and Teebling for all the work for the community!

EDIT: New ultra easy method with a proper executable. It is in this fork: https://github.com/Kalle-Koskinen/D2-dc ... en-Ez-Inst

EDIT2: A major update

New features include:
-a graphical user interface,
-control over the ladder/non-ladder
-control over the league (softcore/hardcore)
-error handling in case the data call fails (sometimes data call from the API fails, and it would previously crash. It shouldn't anymore)
-and some other minor stuff

Best regards,
Apo
Description by 4p0

Can be used to make Runewords:

4p0 18

Europe PC
Hi all!

I coded a very simple python script that uses the dclone progress tracker API to keep track of the dclone progress of all regions in real time (well, it updates every 90 seconds), and raises an alert (special text and a beep) if the progress gets high (4 or higher). It has also a very primitive anti-trolling feature. If you are interested in trying it out, it can be found in my github: https://github.com/Kalle-Koskinen/D2-dclone-notificator

I have also included an instructional readme in the github in case people are not familiar with running python scripts. Don't worry, it's not hard :) The script currently works only on windows machines, and *as-is* only for softcore non-ladder. I have, however, made it very easy to alter the script for hardcore and ladder, and there are instructions for that as well.

I should note that I am pretty much just a script kiddie and I haven't been able to test it thoroughly, so expect bugs. Initial tests seem to indicate that it works.

If you have any trouble, send me a message. I cannot promise a fast response, but I will try to help as I can.

For (real) programmers out there: In the unlikely event that my silly little script has any useful code in it for your purposes, feel free to use it! (I even specified it under mit license so no problems from that front)

Special thanks to diablo2.io and Teebling for all the work for the community!

EDIT: New ultra easy method with a proper executable. It is in this fork: https://github.com/Kalle-Koskinen/D2-dc ... en-Ez-Inst

EDIT2: A major update

New features include:
-a graphical user interface,
-control over the ladder/non-ladder
-control over the league (softcore/hardcore)
-error handling in case the data call fails (sometimes data call from the API fails, and it would previously crash. It shouldn't anymore)
-and some other minor stuff

Best regards,
Apo
OP

4p0 18

Europe PC
There was a missing part in the installation instructions. It is now hopefully fixed.

If anyone faced this error:
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "XXX\d2dclone_notifier.py", line 8, in <module>
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'"

then check out the new instructions in github readme about installing the 'requests' module.
Thanks ! I'll try that later

Add me on Battle.net for a faster trade.
Working great!
Also, i have submitted a small suggestion, and if you dont mind i'll add that .bat line here to anyone who want to have a clik-and-go script running without cmd every time.

i'm sugesting adding a bat file that should be put in " * /D2-dclone-notificator-main" directory. It's a simple:
cmd /k "d2dclone_notifier.py"
That allows you just run a bat and have script running in cmd.

So, how to?
Make a new txt file in " * /D2-dclone-notificator-main" directory.
copy and paste:
Save as
- be sure to check the all types of files - not text files -
"whatever_you_want.bat"

Run *.bat file you have created, and if you want to have that on your desktop for example, just make a shortcut to it.
OP

4p0 18

Europe PC
WMAlleg wrote: 2 years ago
Working great!
Also, i have submitted a small suggestion, and if you dont mind i'll add that .bat line here to anyone who want to have a clik-and-go script running without cmd every time.

i'm sugesting adding a bat file that should be put in " * /D2-dclone-notificator-main" directory. It's a simple:
That allows you just run a bat and have script running in cmd.

So, how to?
Make a new txt file
copy and paste:

Save as
- be sure to check the all types of files - not text files -
"whatever_you_want.bat"

Run *.bat file you have created
Thanks! I am woefully inexperienced with batch files but I am looking towards a solution where you dont have to run the script from the command line. My inexperience notwithstanding, I think one should be careful about the paths here, the .bat should be in the same directory as the script file here, right? So make sure you do that and do a shortcut if u want to execute it from somewhere else!
Yes, yes. I have clarified that in edit of oreginal post.
the bat file need to be in script directory, then one can make a shortcut and put it anywhere :D
OP

4p0 18

Europe PC
Well as biased as I am, I can say my script beeped at asia some 10 mins ago and I got into a game. sadly, i was dropped. Believe it or not...

Schnorki 3172Moderator

PC
Well done!
And...damn! :(
Is it possible somehow to add the ability to hide it to tray?
zeleboba wrote: 2 years ago
not really sure you can hide to tray a cmd process.
That would require writing an actual app, not just an executable python script.
WMAlleg wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, yes. I have clarified that in edit of oreginal post.
the bat file need to be in script directory, then one can make a shortcut and put it anywhere :D
Thanks, even I did it. The shortcut was installed in Windows autorun.
The script currently works only on windows machines
I can add support for the other platforms if you wish. Just let me know if you want me to create a pull request.

I would also suggest to create a release and add your autoinstaller there.
It is usually more convenient to download resources from releases instead of another branch.

Anyway, good job!
OP

4p0 18

Europe PC
If so, I have no idea how. You can always leave it on background or minimize it if u don't want to / have display real estate for it. It should beep from there too. Sorry :(
OP

4p0 18

Europe PC
Masgalor wrote: 2 years ago
The script currently works only on windows machines
I can add support for the other platforms if you wish. Just let me know if you want me to create a pull request.

I would also suggest to create a release and add your autoinstaller there.
It is usually more convenient to download resources from releases instead of another branch.

Anyway, good job!
Sure, sounds great!
great job! works. I have i on my second screen. now i can watch all the time if dclone is coming
manu151186 wrote: 2 years ago
great job! works. I have i on my second screen. now i can watch all the time if dclone is coming
Wow! That's the alternative to tray hiding :)

Thanks for the idea!
Nice, you might add pushbullet, so you can get notifications when not on the pc.

Did that in the past for other stuff like that and it works great.
manu151186 wrote: 2 years ago
Wow! That's the alternative to tray hiding :)

Thanks for the idea!
I'll add a toast notification with win10toast.
I'll let you know if it works great.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...