[..]
More specific guesses
[..]
Normal
Act 1
Catacombs level ... hmm ... let's say 3
A pack pf
Tainted
(or..afflicted I believe is the variation in cata 3?)
Lightning ball thingies to the face

Not that I don't have Faith in you but..ya know.. :D

Side note:
Are the prizes on HC as well or sticking to SC for that as usual?
(Asking for general curiosity - don't sign me up for the raffle, just guessing for fun ^^)

Side note #2:
Love the idea of this sort of thing as a giveaway.
OP

ShadowHeart 2073Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
Side note:
Are the prizes on HC as well or sticking to SC for that as usual?
Oh. Good point. The prices will be on SC. Seeing as I haven't played HC before I have literally *nothing* on HC (empty stashes), so I couldn't give anything on HC anyway :P

Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
Side note #2:
Love the idea of this sort of thing as a giveaway.
Thanks xD

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

Europe PC
Xanhast70 wrote: 1 month ago
Welcome to the Darkside ;) May the force be with you sir!
Derenzo wrote: 1 month ago
Good luck to you. I'll consider going hardcore to once I get a hang aroung the game :D
Thank you :P

Curumo69 wrote: 1 month ago
Well, my friend Atari and I just finished HC D2R Classic mode, lol. Now that was kinda masohistic, but nevertheless, we enjoyed a lot!
His Barb smashed Lightning immunes and bosses, my Java the rest. I know, Java in Classic is the worst option, but with phys/lightn/psn combo (on much less values than in LoD), it is doable even alone (although very slow in Hell when map is full of Lghtn immunes). And no, we didn't skip any mob, all must die:-)
So, welcome to the HC, but now you can try Classic HC for a challenge.
Lol, we'll see what I do after this little challenge, if I keep trying (assmuming I die), or if I try something different. Either way, I won't be killing all enemies, I do want a reasonable chance of completing it and some mobs are just... almost impossible to deal with or survive vs on a SSF run lol.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
I also play "solo online" in LoD, but of course I trade here (and only here on this wonderful site). Anyway, you can easily beat HC Hell SSF, since many chars can be at least dual elements based (like Java, one of the easiest in HC LoD, since there are so many great phys dmg Javelins, opposite of the Classic.) Solo online playing in HC is a great adventure, but if you see that items do not drop for months, and sometimes really don't, don't be stuborn, use trade. After all, you give SSF items for other items, it's not that you are buying them for money. Otherwise can be horrible experience, at least for Classes that need items badly.
I was stuck at L91 Java HC and completely SSF, zero trade, but then found this wonderful site with many great people, like Atari and Xanhast. After that, I made many HC chars and my main is L98 on the way to 99. It is all solo play but with trade. And I even have 1 disconnect per day that changes time regularly (my ***** provider), lol. Before it was fixed per month or so, so I knew to avoid that particular moment. Not anymore, every day different timre. Adrenalin forte:-)

Plz do not send friend requests without posting.
PS
If you choose to use trade, I am here to give anything you need, if I have the items/runes, of course.
You will be still playing SSF, and if you insist that trade must be 1-for-1 , you can pay in SC (although I don't play that anymore).

OP

Europe PC
PS
If you choose to use trade, I am here to give anything you need, if I have the items/runes, of course.
You will be still playing SSF, and if you insist that trade must be 1-for-1 , you can pay in SC (although I don't play that anymore).
Thanks for the offer! <3
I'll stick to pure SSF (no help or trade), as it's part of the challenge :)

Respect!
To give you hope, I'll repeat that I managed 91 without any help, trade or anything else. No torch or Anni, and no Sunder untill I finished Hell. Totally HC SSF.
After 91, I started to trade.
Good luck!

im guessing a stygian doll in nightmare or hell, my last hardcore Death was in diablo 3 to a screen freeze, thats when i quit hardcore.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
PS
Thanks for the offer! <3
I'll stick to pure SSF (no help or trade), as it's part of the challenge :)
You have to admit the investment/stakes adds a lot of immersion to the game eh?

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
OP

Europe PC
You have to admit the investment/stakes adds a lot of immersion to the game eh?
It does for sure :) I don't see myself switching from SC to HC permanently, but it's a fun personal challenge at least :)

OP

Europe PC
The Smith
was scary. Don't ask why I went in there lol.

Any tips for the imbue quest? I figure I might want to use it rather than save it...
Time to find
Andariel
!
So dark. Should have brought more light.

I like imbues for diadems but thats endgame territory,
Boots
might be a solid option or a orb if your not farming countess for Spirit runes

Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.

Necrarch 1737Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
The Smith
was scary. Don't ask why I went in there lol.

Any tips for the imbue quest? I figure I might want to use it rather than save it...

Screenshot009.png

Time to find
Andariel
!

Screenshot010.png

So dark. Should have brought more light.
For the imbue, as for myself, I imbued the first 2 or 3 potion ranks
Belt
I found as my one rank
Belt
was shitty. More pots AND stats :)
When you enter act 2 don't forget the "cruel polearm" recipe for your merc (
Belt
+ kriss + staff + cracked
Diamond
, if I remember well).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Europe PC
I like imbues for diadems but thats endgame territory,
Boots
might be a solid option or a orb if your not farming countess for Spirit runes
Yeah, I was considering trying to imbue an orb and hope I get lucky. Hm...

Also...

I decided to do a Countess run before proceeding. I got a
Nef
+
Ith
+
Eth
on the quest run yesterday, and now
Ral
+
Tal
on the run today. Not sure whether I should just make a Stealth or save the
Ral
+
Tal
for Ancient's Pledge... There's also the option of a Leaf, of course (not that I have the
Tir
yet...).

Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
When you enter act 2 don't forget the "cruel polearm" recipe for your merc (
Belt
+ kriss + staff + cracked
Diamond
, if I remember well).
That's a good tip, I always forget about that :P

Yeah Stealth is too good to pass up on and you can get the runes for the ancients pledge from act 5 anyway.

Necrarch 1737Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Agreed, Stealth all the way

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
If fire Sorc, Stealth and Leaf will make Normal game trivial.
I remember fire is much more easier than lightning for start. Only invest in Static and later TP apart from fire. And it will breeze you through NM as well. At act IV NM you need to go dual.

OP

Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
Agreed, Stealth all the way
Yeah Stealth is too good to pass up on and you can get the runes for the ancients pledge from act 5 anyway
Yeah, I know, but I thought I might make one sooner than act 5, there are some enemies in acts 2-4 that do a lot of elemental damage after all (scarabs, gloams, oblivion/abyss knights, diablo himself, etc)... but I guess Stealth it is :)

OP

Europe PC
Andariel
is down! The evil queen has
Fallen
! xD
Found an
Umbral Disk
Arctic Furs
and
Dimoak's Hew
:)

Nercarch took my guess, but that one is pretty obvious. like 2/1 odds ha.

So I'm gonna change it up and try little something less obvious. they're attacks are sneaky and hit hard..

Nightmare Act 5
Glacial Trail
Via
Death Mauler
- 100/1 odds

But I feel like you gonna read all these and be like, okay let's be extra careful here cause this where everyone thinks I'll die :P

Just a random thought on the side I've been having, could you imagine a Uber Doll coming at you?!

Just seeing an Elite version of one of those puckers up my butthole so tight I could poop a
Perfect Diamond
out

EDIT: Did a little more research cause I know nothing. so gotta change my answer to the correct one

Nightmare Act 5
Frozen Tundra
via Death Berserker

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...