diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   139 views

Suggestion - make inactive trades to expire instead of vanish

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Hi there,

I have a suggestion. Can we make the already inactive trades become expired instead of removed so that it would be possible to activate them again? :)

I just put 2 sale trades for now on this website and these are already gone, but I can imagine people with hundreds of trades need to bump all of them very often.

If they forget, they need to put them back again manually, it would be nice to have an option to re-activate them instead to save time.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi there,

I have a suggestion. Can we make the already inactive trades become expired instead of removed so that it would be possible to activate them again? :)

I just put 2 sale trades for now on this website and these are already gone, but I can imagine people with hundreds of trades need to bump all of them very often.

If they forget, they need to put them back again manually, it would be nice to have an option to re-activate them instead to save time.
Trades expire in three days here. Luckily there is a single button you can click to bump all your trades at the same time, no need to bump them individually.
I believe Teebling has is designed to delete unbumped trades to save space in the database. If the trades just went inactive, there would be hundreds of thousands of those trades, slowing down database pulls, and significantly increasing his costs.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
Ok, then I think it makes sense from database and performance point of view.

Schnorki 3703Moderator

PC
Moved to feedback forum.

Completed trades are largely removed (minus the reduced data kept for price history purposes) so as to keep the DB less cluttered.

For non-bumped trades, the same Principle likely applies though that's not all of it. They're additionally cleaned up (i.e. expire) to avoid cluttering trade search results with an ever-increasing number of inactive trades that still show as active. The actual number of trades expiring due to not being bumped within a given say 1-month period probably really isn't all that high from a DB perspective. Though that's really just a semi-educated guess as only Teebs would have those numbers.

What could be done for expiring trades (if the number/select timeframe isn't too extreme) would be to add a grace period before fully removing them. Kind of along the following lines:

1) Trade is created/bumped and hence refreshed for the same ol' current 3 day period
2) If trade is not bumped within those 3 days, it expires but is not deleted
3) Expired trades do not show within trade search results so those stay cleaned up and only show truly active trades
4) An expired trade can be bumped like any active trade (i.e. individually or via the bump all button) at which point it is reactivated and no longer counts as expired for the usual 3 days before another bump is needed or it expires again
5) If an expired trade is not bumped/reactivated within 1 month of expiring, it is deleted and hence cannot be reactivated

That way you keep the trade search results just as clean as they are today.
You add a grace period so folks don't get completely derailed by an unforeseen absence of a week or something.
And you still keep the DB cleaned up as there still would be a post-expiration delete, albeit with a 1-month shift.

Not sure how much work that'd be and/or if adding a month grace period would significantly impact DB load but the idea seems like it should work @Teebling. Kind of like a passive temporary version of the freeze function with bump leading to an auto-unfreeze. The big part being the "passive" bit as (unlike the actual freeze), that'd allow for 'trade survival' through truly unforeseen absences with no time to freeze first (accidents, spontaneous last-minute trips, whatever it may be).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...