Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   286 views

Description

i got a perf
Boneshade
, like every stat perf, so i'm gonna respec one of my necros ...

Boneshade
trang gloves and Enigma are givens, but otherwise...

75fcr or 125?
Darkforce Spawn
or Spirit?

thnx!

Can be used to make Runewords:

i got a perf
Boneshade
, like every stat perf, so i'm gonna respec one of my necros ...

Boneshade
trang gloves and Enigma are givens, but otherwise...

75fcr or 125?
Darkforce Spawn
or Spirit?

thnx!
I would go with Spirit.

+2 to all skills + resistances + FCR. There's not much anything better than that. You lose only +1 to all necro skills.
Spirit all the way. Isn't White better than
Boneshade
tho? +8 to
Bone Spear
and dirt cheap (only some time to buy the right base from
Drognan
)
Dromar186 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Spirit all the way. Isn't White better than
Boneshade
tho? +8 to
Bone Spear
and dirt cheap (only some time to buy the right base from
Drognan
)
Depends on the player count one mostly prefers I guess. For P1 mostly, it's quite okay.

Same goes for the choice between
Darkforce Spawn
and Spirit.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Necrarch 1772Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Spirit for most players, but you also have the option I play, i.e. max block Necro with
Homunculus
to reach the (very required) 125 fcr breakpoint with perf
Boneshade

You 'd need a 2/20 amu though and 2 fcr rings, but you don't need any more 156 strength (just for swap take an
Eth
for CtA), have block against melee so super safe...

That's my beloved and forever necro :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 2 weeks ago
[..]
to reach the (very required) 125 fcr breakpoint with perf
Boneshade
[..]
Always loved the homu-block necro approach but I would disagree on the "very required" for the 125.

Since necro BPs aren't quite as solid as sorcs, you are "only" talking about an 11.11% increase in performance by moving from 75 to 125 (as you drop from 10 frames to 9). What is beyond glorious for Bone necros however is their skill-scaling. As you look at top-end performance, that 11.11% increase is equivalent to typically between 3 and 4 skill points. Or just over 4 for BS specifically. So if you - after hitting your "true priorities" - would be giving up 4 or more skill points to still hit 125 FCR, you'd typically actually be lowering your actual performance/DPS. Though at that point, you do still have the travel time bonus making up for it. At the same time, countering the travel bonus a bit again, there is something to be said for "harder first hit > faster 2nd hit" (depending mostly on your player count as it may shave off an entire needed cast).

Essentially, I would say if you can hit 125 while sacrificing up to 2 skill points:
Easy call, clear win, go for it.

If you'd
Sacrifice
3-4 skill points to make it happen (which would be the most common trade-off):
Performance ends up so close to the same either way that it is essentially just a matter of preference.

If you'd
Sacrifice
more than 4 skill points:
Dropping performance for the sake of increasing mana consumption? Just no... :)

The mere fact that you don't HAVE TO max BPs but can actually gear to your own preference is part of what makes necros so enjoyable imo. You actually have options.
Going full block and such will of course drop your raw DPS a fair bit - albeit still perfectly viable - but even if you look at raw top-end DPS performance, going for 125 with the highest possible +skill to add vs. going for 75 with max +skill actually ends up with raw DPS within <1% of one another on most/core skills. So really about as equal as it gets. And with that, depending purely on preference, you then get to pick faster tele vs. harder initial hits and such. Just for reference, going hard (HARD) on defense instead, you're still "only" dropping about 15-20% in raw dps performance which is obviously a fair chunk but a much lower trade-off than most other classes/builds, considering how tanky a full def necro ends up being. Even more so because those 15-20% are averaged out and may be (FAR) less, depending on situation/actual skill usage.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...