diablo2.io is supported by ads
163 replies   66413 views

Accidentally dropped Grief, stolen. My farewell to Online Bnet

No data yet

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

damn that sucks he lost it :( but super cool people are helping him !! this community has shown to be pretty awesome from what I have seen :)

I am working on trying to get my first Grief! hopefully i don't run into the heartbreak this person did
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Iceman077 wrote: 2 years ago
Did OP ever get a Grief built again? If not, you can just have mine. I hate hearing things like this.
Very generous of you sir, we got this 31/384 Grief made for him and another member offered up a 37/359 Grief if IAS is more important to the OP. What are the stats of yours?
I'm not sure. I'm working right now. My buddy sent me this post, and I just wanted to help out

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I'm not sure. I'm working right now. My buddy sent me this post, and I just wanted to help out
Well Bryght has yet to log back into this site or Bnet so we might have time. Hopefully he isn't deleting his characters or destroying his PC like that scene on Office Space with the copier. Thanks for being so considerate :D

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Well Bryght has yet to log back into this site or Bnet so we might have time. Hopefully he isn't deleting his characters or destroying his PC like that scene on Office Space with the copier. Thanks for being so considerate :D

Lulz, that was a good chuckle. What a great movie
I'm totally invested in this post lol I need to know the outcome!!

Mjolnirdin, Shiva, always happy to help if I can! :)
make a new char named diabloio and use that Grief with
Anya
quest to name it "diabloio's
Phase Blade
". who knows maybe we cameacross with the
Blade
some other time again

edit: like this
@Bryght
He is online
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
@Bryght

7e3128678fc59c3ddd3d0d3c666c3744678f9f94aaf81b362b002e7e83d1d108_1.jpg
Last active 2 minutes ago (!!)

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
hes accepted my friend request on b.net im trying to tell him right now.
Bounder wrote: 2 years ago
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
@Bryght

7e3128678fc59c3ddd3d0d3c666c3744678f9f94aaf81b362b002e7e83d1d108_1.jpg
Last active 2 minutes ago (!!)
@Banjo

We already have people talking to him. Everyone just chill the hell out.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
he just responded to me, and ill told him to get in contact with the mods. ill butt out from here.
He's writing a response. Be patient everyone! We don't need every dipshit and their sister messaging this guy right now.
Lol I saw this post on a Google android article suggestion. Never heard of this d2 site or any of you people but I liked the story so much I decided to register and I was going to donate a Grief. Glad the community already rallied around him.
OP

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
Hi everyone,

I went to bed shortly after posting yesterday, and was very busy at work today. I was still very sour about what happened. Tried my best to just forget the game and move on.

I just came home and noticed my BattleNet launcher was flooded with friend requests, and had many many unread notifications on diablo2.io

What have you guys done ? 😳 You guys really rebuilt a Grief ??? 😨

I have no words. I felt incredibly lonely yesterday and now I'm overwhelmed with this incredible and unexpected outburst of generosity.
I don't even know if I can accept this gift from the community. Though I loved farming for hours everyday, but I was really ready to uninstall the game !

Can't believe this can actually happen. You guys are amazing. I love this community and this website. Faith in humanity restored ♥

Thanks to @Illdaren for the
Mal
rune, I will give a
Mal
back to you immediately, let me know!
Thanks to @Chronicle for the
Phase Blade
, as soon as I find a 5 OS one I'll refund you.
Thanks to @Truscone who generously offered the
Lo
rune. I promise I'll give it back when I eventually find one (and trust me I will)

Thanks to @PrincipalOShagH for offering his 37 IAS Grief. You are right the IAS is indeed crucial for the build. In order to hit the 9 frames breakpoint, a Berserker needs 42% IAS. So with a
Goldwrap
(10%), the Grief needs to roll at least 32% IAS. The one I lost yesterday had 37% 😥
Here is a screenshot of me proudly showcasing it the day I built it, on Discord (it was removed by mods in the original post, but it's actually a message written by myself, see username) : Using a calculator, yours does result in about 800 damage per sec more than the 31 IAS one. However you really don't have to trade yours, I can't handle that much generosity. I can tweak my stuff and get IAS elsewhere (
Laying of Hands
, or maybe 1
Shael
in a
Phase Blade
, don't know if this would work though), don't you need the Grief for your own builds ?

Thanks to @BillyMaysed and @Teebling who reacted almost immediately to my post, and started this whole community initiative. I actually just made a donation for diablo2.io.

And finally thanks to all the community, people who read the thread, who shared my pain, who created accounts just to respond, who offered to donate, who tried to look for me, who added me on Bnet. Sincerest thanks guys. I believe you may have made Diablo 2 History here. I'll never forget it. I'll get in touch with @BillyMaysed , with updates real soon !
PS #1:
1) I'll never play with a full inventory of charms again. I'm traumatized. Perma leaving a 4x2 empty space in inventory from now on.
2) I'll never race to pick up items ever again. Not worth.

PS #2: I must personalize the Grief name by
Anya
! It is a very special and unique Grief. Like " diablo2.io's Grief" or something. It would be epic ! Share ideas for names please !
Bryght wrote: 2 years ago

PS #2: I must personalize the Grief name by
Anya
! It is a very special and unique Grief. Like " diablo2.io's Grief" or something. It would be epic ! Share ideas for names please !
If you personalize it, it will only personalize the base item name, not the "Grief" header.

So it would look like:

Grief
Bryght's Phase Blade
First off, I'm so stoked you did not uninstall the game. I was really scared this whole community effort would fall short THIS close to the finish line.

Like I wrote, I use my Grief on my smiter who (if I am not 100% misinformed) doesn't even benefit from the IAS that much. Apart from that, I use my smiter only for Uber Services anyway, so the people will have to wait 17 more frames until they can collect their torch I assume.

Long story short: if you need the IAS and can live with the admittedly poor +ed roll, I would gladly swap mine with the one built here and hand it off to you. Doesn't have to be today, just think about it, and let me know once you have made a decision.

Cheers,

PrincipalOShagH

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
He's received it!
almost made me cry, better story than twilight

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation