Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
72 replies   9243 views

Common issues/problems (what is being worked on for the next website patch)

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

I am new to the site and honestly I figured that this site and the trade system had been around for years. Yeah, the filtering aspect and what is showed about the item searched isnt that detailed. But it is still very elaborate and I love how you have what items that were traded after a successful sale.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Just to keep you guys in the loop I'm still working on patch 1.0.

Here's some sneak peeks at what I've got on my dev environment besides performance optimisations right now:
This all looks awsome ! Gj rly !
Is there a way to give "trust" to the buyer? I would love to give trust to some people I dealt on this website and there seems to be none other than indicating the person is the buyer.

Ladder and Non-ladder trades. Check the indicator!
Avoid trading with bad-mannered stealers. check BNET ID!

Looking for:
5OS 15ED 3AR
Eth
/non-
Eth
Berserker Axe

3OS 15ED15MD
Archon Plate
Another thing is that, the website seems to be running on a low budget server which I totally understand cuz it's new. It's scary tho it slows down significantly at certain points of the day and if there's more players joining the community, I bet we will have loading issues in the future. Would there be a solution to this?

Ladder and Non-ladder trades. Check the indicator!
Avoid trading with bad-mannered stealers. check BNET ID!

Looking for:
5OS 15ED 3AR
Eth
/non-
Eth
Berserker Axe

3OS 15ED15MD
Archon Plate
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@holywalk have you even read this topic?

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Just an update on the several-hour outage today - still investigating why this happened - seems that the cache for phpBB's class autoloader got bugged somehow and required resetting and a purge of the site's template cache. Thanks @Noemard for diagnosing the issue and suggesting a solution.

For the 20 minutes that the bug was manifesting itself people were reporting that they were 'logged into other accounts' - so let me take this opportunity to explain that this was not in fact the case, it was a templating bug making it 'appear' as if you were logged in as that person. However no-one will have actually had access to your account at any time back-end, so no changes will have occurred. As soon as I became aware of the bug on the live server I truncated the sessions table, which logged everyone out immediately and locked logging in, as an additional security measure.

I'm not sure where to ask... new user. But I was looking to sell and buy Hellfire Torches, and when I search for
Hellfire Torch
, it only shows me 15 results. It says it's from the last 24 hours but the
Hellfire Torch
I posted for trade myself wasn't even listed anymore in the search results after about 15 minutes- it got pushed off the bottom of the page.

There is not a button I can find anywhere to tab through multiple pages of results. Does a way exist that I just fail to see, or is this a present limitation of the site? Cuz right now, buying or selling Hellfire Torches is gonna be a very difficult, to essentially impossible. The only time anyone can see one that you've posted for trade is for like 15 minutes after you initially post it or bump it, because there are so many different torches being posted and search results are limited to 15.

Beardozer 437Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
tatarjj wrote: 2 years ago
I'm not sure where to ask... new user. But I was looking to sell and buy Hellfire Torches, and when I search for
Hellfire Torch
, it only shows me 15 results. It says it's from the last 24 hours but the
Hellfire Torch
I posted for trade myself wasn't even listed anymore in the search results after about 15 minutes- it got pushed off the bottom of the page.

There is not a button I can find anywhere to tab through multiple pages of results. Does a way exist that I just fail to see, or is this a present limitation of the site? Cuz right now, buying or selling Hellfire Torches is gonna be a very difficult, to essentially impossible. The only time anyone can see one that you've posted for trade is for like 15 minutes after you initially post it or bump it, because there are so many different torches being posted and search results are limited to 15.
Nope, our search currently only displays the 15 most recent items. I use the trade section a lot myself, and it really is a pain in the ass. But it is a known pain in the ass, and it's being fixed with the next website update.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Test

EnragedN3wb 179Moderator

PC
Love it! Just one minor thing I see is the sockets icon & Ethereal/Superior tags should probably go after the platform, region, classic/expansion, & hardcore tags. Just to keep things consistent. :P

Everything else looks great though! :D

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Test

juicy update. christmas is coming early this year.

EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
Love it! Just one minor thing I see is the sockets icon & Ethereal/Superior tags should probably go after the platform, region, classic/expansion, & hardcore tags. Just to keep things consistent. :P

Everything else looks great though! :D
Totally agree with this, didn't even see the new tags at first cause I only saw "
Thresher
". The Socket/Superior tag should really be right before the Item name. Also region should be replaced with some kind of flag so it doesn't require mouse-over. Like "EU" flag "US" flag and whatever for Asia. Maybe just "EU" "US" "AS" instead of the globe, so it's visible directly.

EnragedN3wb 179Moderator

PC
Cartinacow wrote: 2 years ago
Also region should be replaced with some kind of flag so it doesn't require mouse-over. Like "EU" flag "US" flag and whatever for Asia. Maybe just "EU" "US" "AS" instead of the globe, so it's visible directly.
It's really hard to notice because it's so small, but the little globe actually changes depending on what region you choose. :P If you look in your edit profile page & compare them you can see it though.
Test
I think it's great addition with those sockets/
Eth
/sup but I think it end up with too much information in one place.

You can consider to make something like this maybe?

(mad paint skills)
Trade creation - multi platform selection, presets pre-loaded, advanced filter options, stash assignment.
This is what I'm here for, great work! excited to give it a whirl when it is fully released and maybe empty out some of my stash!
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Did a 1 hour stream to show some of the development stuff. Twitch vod available here for a limited time if you missed it.

Deleted User 32574 0

Hey I completely understand the issues that come with something that was not originally built for the kind of traffic you've been receiving on this site. I do greatly appreciate you having this trading hub for us and look forward to how you are able to improve upon it later on down the line. Keep up the good work.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
CodeMonkey76 wrote: 2 years ago
Honestly, if trades are bogging down your database performance, I'd actually suggest taking the feature out and instead either push that to a discord server or partner with an existing discord server that focuses on Diablo 2 trades
Yeah not sure why this comment was made tbh - there's good trade discords, go use them guys if you want.

I have noticed when i tried to create an account that it said my username was already in use. but that was because the error i received actually came as it created the account. i received multiple verification emails for the usernames i was submitting. i do not know if this has been brought up already or not.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
FabledTyler wrote: 2 years ago
I have noticed when i tried to create an account that it said my username was already in use. but that was because the error i received actually came as it created the account. i received multiple verification emails for the usernames i was submitting. i do not know if this has been brought up already or not.
This is a known bug due to bad form validation on the registration page - being fixed in the next patch.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...