Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1355 views
Send a private message to this trader, pre-populated with information about this trade.
This trade will expire 2 years ago
Other filters:

Description

Hi all,

My brother and I are reliving our glory days and have started playing D2 again. Never did any of the ubers originally, but I have found a few keys and thought it would be nice to try.

It seems obvious that we need one of us to be a Smiter, which I can work on. What would be the best second class to go along with a smiter?

We are not in a rush, and I don't even have a complete
Key
set yet, so this may be months away, but I wanted to get a head start. Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

m00 36

Necromancer Americas PC
Hi all,

My brother and I are reliving our glory days and have started playing D2 again. Never did any of the ubers originally, but I have found a few keys and thought it would be nice to try.

It seems obvious that we need one of us to be a Smiter, which I can work on. What would be the best second class to go along with a smiter?

We are not in a rush, and I don't even have a complete
Key
set yet, so this may be months away, but I wanted to get a head start. Thanks!
The best choice to pair up with a smiter would probably be a summoner necromancer. With an army of revived Blunderbores (which deal crushing blows), one can solo UT. Enigma or any other source of
Teleport
is required to gather and transport the undead to
Tristram
- otherwise you cannot control them, and they randomly disappear if wander too far away. Use curses to help the smiter:
Life Tap
on bosses,
Decrepify
on adds.

The other UT-capable builds: The gameplay is similar to smiter: mêlée attacks, crushing blow for damage,
Life Tap
not to die. Unlike smiter, who hits automatically, they have to take care about attack rating.
This list is by no means exhaustive: there are other, more exotic builds, but with the listed one UT is the easiest.
OP

m00 36

Necromancer Americas PC
Thanks for the suggestion. I am actually doing a necro now, and my bro is a hammerdin. I could probably get him to switch to smiter later if we want to do Ubers.
Or stay as a hammerdin and in UT clear adds and buff undead with
Concentration
, while necro takes care of the bosses.

I am not a fan of respeccing; too bothersome - gathering essences, changing entire gear (including hireling and charms), calculating str and dex allocation with new gear...
And unlike a hammer a smiter is good only for UT, not for general gameplay. Sure, he won't die thanks to
Life Tap
, but with single target attack kill speed is terrible.

y2kid 71

PC
Here are my 2 cents on this. Yes smiter by far is the best class for taking ubers down. Smiter can do it on a mega budget, the rest... not as much. So if you are thinking of not spending an entire fortune for this 1. smiter is fixed. For the 2nd one I would disagree with @Trang Oul . Sure his suggestion seems good, but for me the best class to complement the smiter is a Sorceress. Why? Trang said it as well, you need some
Teleport
. That is it plain and simple. The Sorceress can quickly go find the ubers and position portals at strategic places, so that the smiter can just enter, kill and go next. Easy as that. Trang's suggestion could be better but as he said assuming you have Enigma or some other source of teleportation and that can be expensive.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
y2kid wrote: 2 years ago
So if you are thinking of not spending an entire fortune for this 1. smiter is fixed
Unfortunately, D2 devs had no sense of balance. :(
y2kid wrote: 2 years ago
for me the best class to complement the smiter is a Sorceress. Why? Trang said it as well, you need some
Teleport
. That is it plain and simple. The Sorceress can quickly go find the ubers and position portals at strategic places, so that the smiter can just enter, kill and go next.
It is not possible to open TPs in UT. You can only use the red one.
Sure, sorceress can be used to lure the adds away and position bosses. This strategy has a major benefit that a
Key
finder (lightning) sorc can be re-used, so you don't have to level up and gear an additional character.
However, I assume the OP's goal is to play together. The above strategy can even be applied by a single player, switching characters. Besides that, a sorceress offers a little help for a smiter inside UT, and without life steal will die quickly.

Besides,
Teleport
sources other than Enigma (
Spellsteel
Naj's Puzzler
, rare (or magic) staves, amulets and circlets) are not expensive because they are good but only because they are rare - those who find such gear usually throw it away as crap (maybe except at the start of the ladder or in HC). If you pay attention when MFing, you'll find one of those items much quicker than 2 HRs for Enigma.
Second class doesnt matter. A barb with bo is also fine. Smiter rocks it solo easily.
@Trang Oul what @y2kid said about portals is about finding organs,
Duriel
is most of the time almost on top of red portal but
Izual
and andy not so much. So it is much easier to find bosses with sorc, put up tp and let smiter kill the boss.
Life Tap
can be easly suplemented with one item with charges so sorc can do that on ut and smiter just need to kill them. That would be my first setup when starting. Later on you can make an Enigma and put it on Bo Barb or necro for easier uber kills but in my opinion if you have runes to buy Enigma or make one then you no longer need any support char for smiter since it would have so much better gear than before

How to contact me to do trade?

You have 3 options:
1. From the game type /w Morph#21260 Hi
2. Join to group before trading, you will be removed after trade is completed https://blizzard.com/invite/BZyaxpcPPB
3. Send me your battletag in pm

Copy-paste message

Useful when contacting traders outside of diablo2.io. Click the box to copy to your clipboard.

Hello. Saw your trade at https://diablo2.io/trade/best-duo-for-ubers-t186749.html. Is this still available?

Prices for this item

Prices from the database:

Recent (3d) Historical

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

Watchers

No users watching this Trade

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation