Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   3313 views

Description

Hello everyone.

I have built an iOS app which is now available in the App Store. You can get it here, for free:
https://apps.apple.com/es/app/diablo-cl ... 06748?l=en

It is the first version of the app, which has very basic functionality. I'm already testing a version with push notifications and other features (for example badge, so you see the progress without opening the app), so you don't need to have the app running to be notified. Hopefully, I will be able to release it soon. I have big plans with the app (more features) but I also have a RL, work, family, and Diablo :) so please, be patient.

If you want to help (test, localize, ...) or buy me a coffee (I have spent days building the app and drank lots of coffee :-D, and paid a lot of money to get the app to the store) please, contact me. We will figure out something. But if you really feel like donating something (or just spread some nice words), don't forget this app won't exist without Teebling's API! He deserves some thanks as well.

The app is not available in Russia, North Korea and France :( To publish the app in France I need to upload some certificate about encryption in the app (because the app uses HTTPS). If someone wants to help, you are more than welcome.

Any feedback is more than welcome, just be gentle ;)

Cheers!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello everyone.

I have built an iOS app which is now available in the App Store. You can get it here, for free:
https://apps.apple.com/es/app/diablo-cl ... 06748?l=en

It is the first version of the app, which has very basic functionality. I'm already testing a version with push notifications and other features (for example badge, so you see the progress without opening the app), so you don't need to have the app running to be notified. Hopefully, I will be able to release it soon. I have big plans with the app (more features) but I also have a RL, work, family, and Diablo :) so please, be patient.

If you want to help (test, localize, ...) or buy me a coffee (I have spent days building the app and drank lots of coffee :-D, and paid a lot of money to get the app to the store) please, contact me. We will figure out something. But if you really feel like donating something (or just spread some nice words), don't forget this app won't exist without Teebling's API! He deserves some thanks as well.

The app is not available in Russia, North Korea and France :( To publish the app in France I need to upload some certificate about encryption in the app (because the app uses HTTPS). If someone wants to help, you are more than welcome.

Any feedback is more than welcome, just be gentle ;)

Cheers!
Dude if you add
Terror
zones tracking both online/offline I’ll be sure to donate some
Jah
‘s on non ladder
OP
That's one of the things I'm thinking about, but more than how to do this, how to get the data. Someone would have to report them, every hour. Or I have to find a different API for
Terror
zones.
https://d2runewizard.com/integration I have no idea if that is what you're looking for, but that's where I get my information when I'm not ingame

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
OP
Could be, thanks. But I would need a token to call the API and I'm not sure if I can get one for "free". When I'm done with
Diablo Clone
I will discuss with Teebling if there is a way to get the data to his API.
OP
I'm looking for volunteers with iOS and TestFlight installed on their devices to help me test the beta version of the app.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Good job wez, the UI feels great.

Thanks also for your previous correspondence and for the link to the site in the app footer.

OP
It was a pleasure to cooperate with you. I hope ppl will find the app useful and will like it, so it will make sense to keep improving the app.
OP
Version 1.1 is available in store. Check the app description for release notes, but the most important one are the push notifications (no need to open app any more to get updates)
OP
Version 1.2 is out. Check out store for more info
Sir, you have found a great idea for a passive-usefull application, i salute you, it takes a genious to come up with the most obvious solutions, just like you did. Very well, jolly on now.

And a big warm clap in the back for our applicater for not saving any info about our devices.

Great thread, great work, great queen elisabeth.
OP
Thank you very much for such a compliment! I've set to myself very simple goal: Make 1 person happy with this app. Someone else than me :D Even though it seems like a very simple app it took me a lot of time and energy to build it (and money). I will keep improving the app and the service behind it (for push notifications). If the API brings new features I will for sure update the app. It is from gamer for gamers. Thanks again, you have made my day.
OP
I have release version 1.3 with shortcut to adjust the progress level. Check out the store for more info.
OP
Happy Easter everyone!

It’s been 1 year ago I have released first version of
Diablo Clone
Progress to Apple App Store. Since then it’s been a journey. It was my first experience with mobile app development and with Swift. I had a lot of fun and a lot of challenges in front of me. I had big plans with the app, some probably impossible to implement 😅 All of that makes it even harder to make such a decision…

I have decided to shutdown the app. My developer subscription is ending and I’m not going to extend it. Running the app costs ~200€/year, not counting my time spent to develop the app.

After 1 year there was 1 donation done from Germany. It was less than 1€ and I have seen less than 1/4 of it, but it does not matter. I truly appreciate this gesture and I want thank to that guy, whoever it was (it’s anonymous as everything was in the app). I also want to apologize that I have failed that guy and decided to shut down the app. Hope he was happy with the app and it did help him tracking the progress.

I wish everyone to enjoy playing D2(R) and more interesting updates in the future!

See you all in “hell” 😉
@Everybody... this is a useful app for anyone that chases DClone.

Do you think a few of us here could pledge do donate something and if we reach 200€, perhaps the author could consider keeping it up for another year?

I'll start by pledging 50€.

@wez-cz Thanks for your great contribution! Hopefully, this mini-kickstarter works out and you might consider keeping the app working for a little longer. :)

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +11.

OP
Thank you @Lanceor. Thanks for a really nice feedback, thanks for trying to organize it. If there would be enough volunteers and donations, I will keep the app and keep monitoring the notification service and keep virtual machine up and running.
The Developer Subscription is 100EUR/year. Virtual machine to call the API and send push notifications was 7-8EUR/month. 200EUR would be enough to keep the app alive for another year.
OP
Actually, if this web could call my API, every time there is an update, I would not need a virtual machine to call diablo2.io API every 30seconds. That would be 0€/per month with current amount of users. Azure
Charge
me nothing for the traffic from the app to register device tokens. Also the database is so small that I do not pay for that. Only the VM to call API every 30 seconds is expensive (IP address and SSD). Then the costs would be 100€/year, for now. @Teebling, your thoughts? 😉

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
wez-cz wrote: 2 weeks ago
[..]
to call diablo2.io API every 30seconds
[..]
to call API every 30 seconds is expensive
[..]

FYI:
OP
I know that. While building the app I did communicate a lot with author of the API (Teebling).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation