Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
30 replies   2645 views

Description

I'm curious what weird superstitions you have when you play D2R to get better loot.
For example:
• Sometimes if I'm getting good loot in one zone, I will stay in that game and go to other zones instead farming a new game in the same one.
• Sometimes I'll run through a non-lvl 85 zone I haven't been to in a long time because I think the Devs hide secret extra MF there.
• Sometimes I stand on my head for 15 minutes until my vision gets blurry, then I clap 3 times and yell "Shoes are just gloves for your feet!" before I start a new game.

What weird things do you do?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm curious what weird superstitions you have when you play D2R to get better loot.
For example:
• Sometimes if I'm getting good loot in one zone, I will stay in that game and go to other zones instead farming a new game in the same one.
• Sometimes I'll run through a non-lvl 85 zone I haven't been to in a long time because I think the Devs hide secret extra MF there.
• Sometimes I stand on my head for 15 minutes until my vision gets blurry, then I clap 3 times and yell "Shoes are just gloves for your feet!" before I start a new game.

What weird things do you do?

Check my stash for other useful (or useless) items.
I am slowly getting convinced that Nilhathak refuses to drop a
Key
if I wear
Nature's Peace
. But if I don't he lights my ass up... :(

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
new game. new char, reveals more new loot than old char.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If I have a round number for magic find, I'll get better stuff.

I think my necro will be at 200 mf sharp soon, so Griffon's will keep falling from the trees. :D

More generally I aim at "at least" round numbers even for life, mana...

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
I've also always felt that the more monsters you kill at once, the better loot you find.

Khegan 376

Take a month (or longer) hiatus from D2 farming. Come back and get tons of goodies from only a few hours of pits/Chaos/whatever. Happens enough times for me to notice.

But farm almost every day? Forget it. I'm lucky if a cute rare drops.

Schnorki 3021Moderator

PC
Appaaarently, if you run around with a 17/17/7 anni, you get bonkers drops.

Though I have yet to confirm that myself. Still on the list. :P
OP
If you rub
Malah
's hunch 3 times, there's a better chance of a Lower Res Lvl 2
Wand

Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Spoiler

Your
Jah
4 my feet pics

Xbox : Pockt Opossm
Switch : 8280-1208-2530
Mainly on Xbox n Pc tho :)
Usually online around 18:00 - 23:30 EST (-5 UTC)
none. it's rng :)

Not something "I do", but just a suspicion. I feel like there is some sort of themed loot rotation. Back in February and March last year I got 6 Jahs running WSK and Trav. Then a few months later in July and August, managed to get 8 Surs from Trav. And now most recently, I had never gotten a
Cham
before, and just got 2 within the last week. Hard to shake the thought that there's some sort of pool of items that has a better chance to drop, and the pool changes every few weeks/months. But I digress, as I realize it's probably just RNG messing with me.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
hork corpses before revealing loot on the Ground

Ravoc 122

PC
Kill every single monster on the map before moving on to the next area. Might also just be OCD I guess... :D

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Peaceful_Leaf wrote: 1 year ago
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Spoiler
Silly mf numbers.png
That's actually probably why I actually do this. Even have life and mana "breakpoints" I want to reach on my chars.

As for killing every single monster, same here.

Well, I suppose I am a kind of mad man ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I always turn off the option to see what loot falls to the Ground until I killed every monster around. Then I turn it on. :-)
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
I always turn off the option to see what loot falls to the Ground until I killed every monster around. Then I turn it on. :-)
By doing so you may miss some of the valuable loot which got covered by the junk (in dense areas, such as the cow level). It's better to check the drops when the screen is not cluttered yet.
I mainly do Travi runs. Not that much loot there…
MagicPants wrote: 1 year ago
I've also always felt that the more monsters you kill at once, the better loot you find.
This!! I have the same feeling when I reveal a lot of stuff at once.

I've revealed so many charms and got only a lot of
Charsi
food.
Therefore, I collected exactly 40 small charms and revealed them at once. And: "Tadaa...!!" I received five usable charms, e.g. one with 20 life and 12 mana and another with 7mf + 11pr.

Maybe that's just coincidence, maybe not ;-)

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

M1ck 268

Europe PC
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
Take a month (or longer) hiatus from D2 farming. Come back and get tons of goodies from only a few hours of pits/Chaos/whatever. Happens enough times for me to notice.

But farm almost every day? Forget it. I'm lucky if a cute rare drops.
This is exactly what I've noticed too.
If I have some something that I need to do in real life that I've been procrastinating while playing D2, if I go do it and then come back to play, I'll often be rewarded right away with a great drop.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...