Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
so long as you know what you're doing (palace +
Edge Bow
= win).
I understand the
Edge Bow
, but what does the "palace" part mean? Palace as a location to kill the dclone?

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
AmiableCelt wrote: 1 year ago
Edge Bow
= win).
I understand the
Edge Bow
, but what does the "palace" part mean? Palace as a location to kill the dclone?
Palace cellar (go to arcane wp and take the portal back to palace) is quite probably the single easiest place to kill dclone for any ranged ungeared character as all you need to do is to leave the room and kill him through the door. He's too fat to fit through it so he literally cannot come after you.
I did not know that - thanks!!
Edge Bow
= win).
I understand the
Edge Bow
Palace cellar (go to arcane wp and take the portal back to palace) is quite probably the single easiest place to kill dclone for any ranged ungeared character as all you need to do is to leave the room and kill him through the door. He's too fat to fit through it so he literally cannot come after you.
My favorite spot to kill him, never any minions.

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
I like the cellar through
The Arcane Sanctuary
portal, but not for the above cheese method, it's because it's so rare to encounter any other monsters there. It makes it less dangerous to travel back and forth anni-less when your gear depends on anni stat bonus :P
(but recently, I've just started leaving the anni permanently off my Smiter unless I'm doing Ubers, much less running back and forth)

But more on topic, I never made a cold sorc this ladder, so I'll probably do one next ladder (and convert to
Nova
+ES+Infinity at some point). I'm also really tempted to try an Assassin with
Tiger Strike
and
Dragon Tail
... it seems like a fun build to play, been practicing ladder reset a bit as one recently :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
If we don't see an update on 2.6 soon, which would likely require a PTR, I am not sure we should expect significant adjustments into Season 3. Anyone's guess.

I went overboard making a tesladin this ladder. For the next one, I'm going to make a
Whirlwind
barb, take my time, and take it easier on trading.

For 2.6, I hope they readjust/fix some of the d2r skill balance changes (like
Whirlwind
and
Strafe
), make some attempt to overall improve balance for physical builds, and add some new runewords.

Europe PC
Th3ory wrote: 1 year ago
If we don't see an update on 2.6 soon, which would likely require a PTR, I am not sure we should expect significant adjustments into Season 3. Anyone's guess.
^^^ This. Any changes beyond minor bug fixes, including new Rune Words or other new items, would probably warrant a PTR of 2-3 weeks, and so if they truly intend to reset ladder mid-February then PTR would need to begin in about 1-2 weeks from now. It should be about time to announce the start of PTR soon if they're actually going to do that. More likely - there won't be any changes (and thus no PTR), or the reset will be later than stated. Well, that's my take anyway. I'm not known to be knowledgeable about these things so take it with a grain of salt :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Or we just have a repeat of S2..no planned changes. Outcry over no changes with new season. Blizz subsequently going "OMG WE FORGOT THE LADDER CARROT DANGLING!" and rushing to push some game-breaking half-brained stuff out the door in a couple days, including all of the related unfixed massive bugs that the community told them about before it ever released. Looking at you, sunder drop rate!

Europe PC
Well, even though that's how it went down for S2 and things being rushed, they still did have a PTR of like ~2 weeks for the TZs (and while Sunders didn't drop, you got a bunch for free on PTR so you could test the functionality).

...for as much bloody good that did since they didn't actually test Sunder drop rate in PTR and that turned out to be the broken thing. Who could have guessed.

Remind me of Old D1's Butcher ^^

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
Or we just have a repeat of S2..no planned changes. Outcry over no changes with new season. Blizz subsequently going "OMG WE FORGOT THE LADDER CARROT DANGLING!" and rushing to push some game-breaking half-brained stuff out the door in a couple days, including all of the related unfixed massive bugs that the community told them about before it ever released. Looking at you, sunder drop rate!
The patented "It's not a Bug....It's a Feature". There were handful of bugs many to do with Desecrated when it released on 2.5 and Sunder - we all experienced the Chaos and my earlier pre S2 release videos highlighted a handful.

But I concur with @Shadowheart - We need to see some type of more affirmative update in the next two weeks if we expect any type of material changes which would likely require at minimum a 1 week PTR.

Edge Bow
= win).
I understand the
Edge Bow

Thanks for this heads up, I was unaware. The tip allowed me to kill the dclone all on my own this morning with my meteorb sorc!!
Ran a Plague javazon as my main for S2, it was pretty fun, but slow after getting to hell... probally gonna run something a bit faster this next season... maybe an old school WWbarb :D

Blizzard wrote:
It’s me, new info!

We are currently looking at ramping up a PTR for early next week. Big focus will be testing out some new runewords.

You may start to see those over the weekend from some friends. The team is looking forward to the feedback.
source

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Go go gadgetto BiS cold and magic helmet runewords plz!

Brilliant timing though. Done re-gearing everyone for sunders. Done restocking the backup rune stash. Ready for PTR and S3. :)
Can we please have a quality of life update?

The inspect feature from d3 is amazing and should be brought into d2r.

I trade on ladder and non ladder.
Do NOT add me on bnet without posting an offer on my trade first. I will ignore all unknown requests.
Do NOT private message me offers. Please post offers in trade post.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Whereas the physical and magic charms are presumably completely pointless.
i never got around to playing S2, why are the sunder charms for phys and magic useless?
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
I hope there will be substantial balance changes. I'm fed up with a cold sorc...
thats sad, even with those sunder charms and all the balance changes the cold sorc is still ahead of every other build? typically whos the best jumps around when blizz starts to actually balance things. Guess they didn't change enough.

BillyMaysed wrote: 1 year ago
i never got around to playing S2, why are the sunder charms for phys and magic useless?
Well, I've not actually tried either; I'm basing that opinion on the fact that there aren't many physical immunes and even fewer magic immunes, so having to deal with increased physical and magic damage outweighs the positive of breaking these immunities.

Schnorki says the physical one is not completely useless, I defer to him on that because I haven't tried it. I can imagine some benefit for a ranged char but struggle to see how a melee char would benefit, to be honest.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
BillyMaysed wrote: 1 year ago
I don't think so, but I'll try to explain:
Physical immunes are rare and have only 100 resistance (I mean natural monster resistances, not boosted by unique modifiers), so can be easily be broken with
Amplify Damage
or
Decrepify
, which are available as procs on several items. And
Bone Break
also decreases your resistance - not good for physical melee builds...
Magic immunes are even rarer, and although cannot be broken, skills dealing magic damage are also rare and are used together with other elements (for example bone necro: CE), ignore that immunity (
Holy Bolt
) or are simply not used at all (
Magic Arrow
).
Those charms are not useless, but for those two elements offer little benefit and make your character significantly more vulnerable.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...