Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
79 replies   7246 views

How Rich Are You? (Or poor)

Poll ended at 8 months ago

I’m rich! - I trade with bee! (Muhaha) (14%)
I’m not poor! -I trade with
Ist
(64%)
I’m still poor :( - I trade with Pgems….. (21%)
Total votes: 14
Total votes: 14

Description

Credit to @Ravoc on the edit version of this poll!

I consider above 10 runes from
Mal
and above to be rich. Socketed or free.
3-5 not poor.
1-2 and below:poor

EDIT:
yes i'm aware that
Mal
isn't considered 'High rune at all. but having 10 Mals is pretty rich, which usually aint the case. you probably get some HR before you reach 10 mals or ists.

EDIT 2:
anyone who doesn't own budget gear, isn't poor, by my definition. same as if you drive a car and have a roof to sleep, you aren't poor. but some people here need to have a beverly hills estate to be considered "not poor".
Description by rikus

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Credit to @Ravoc on the edit version of this poll!

I consider above 10 runes from
Mal
and above to be rich. Socketed or free.
3-5 not poor.
1-2 and below:poor

EDIT:
yes i'm aware that
Mal
isn't considered 'High rune at all. but having 10 Mals is pretty rich, which usually aint the case. you probably get some HR before you reach 10 mals or ists.

EDIT 2:
anyone who doesn't own budget gear, isn't poor, by my definition. same as if you drive a car and have a roof to sleep, you aren't poor. but some people here need to have a beverly hills estate to be considered "not poor".

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
well,
Mal
is far from being an high rune

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Currently up to 30 Guls, 30 Vexes, 30 Ohms, 30 Los, 25 Surs, 10 Bers, 8 Jahs, 5 Chams, 2 Zods. All SCNL from doing tons of Trav/WSK and trades over last 7-8 months. Will eventually find something to use them all for!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Oh what a thread you opened mate! You're basically asking on the internet who has the biggest penis. Now every schmuck will come here and post his dickpic. Brace yourself

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
I'm definitely not rich, I got several 'mid-high' runes but I don't have anything higher than
Vex
/
Gul
, my main bowzon is modestly equipped, Fortitude + WF, I got several other builds running budget gear worth only up to
Ist
or
Mal
at most, but it's mainly out of laziness of not farming enough HRs. I like to run cheap but effective builds running common gear, my 87 revivomancer still uses Rhyme, White, Smoke, I'm too lazy to just buy a vipermagi and
Shako
he does just fine without them, I'd rather try my luck in farming them.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
Oh what a thread you opened mate! You're basically asking on the internet who has the biggest penis. Now every schmuck will come here and post his dickpic. Brace yourself
that is his own choice if he thinks bragging will get him better with inflated ego..

i was thinking really about just poll without comments/feedback. but each can share whatever. I'm not really impressed if you got lucky by RNG or had way too much hours to spend on d2r. nothing impressive there. or playing video games in general.

OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
well,
Mal
is far from being an high rune
I agree, but read the EDIT on the first post.

Don't need to be so negative here. Nothing wrong with people being proud of and showing off their hard work! Almost feel like your comment is directed at me, given it came right after mine.. Forgive me if my assumption is incorrect.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
According to your standards, I am rich. According to the others around like Zero os some more, I am more on the average side.

Mainly made my Wealth by tracking NL DClones and selling Annis, and doing one BIG sale (A crafted
Belt
going for 4
Ber
+ 1
Lo
).

Allowed me to make my first Enigma, provide a Chains of Honor to Pally friend, provide 2 SoJ to my Sorc friend (truly Sorc has full
Tal
set + 2 SoJ + Aldur and self made Spirit and she rocks !)...

So now I am among the rich people. Still very surprising to me to step up from the less rich to the more rich, but it's the result of one year of playing about 3h hours a week and trading (only here, no time for more).

Gl !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Two months ago I was considering
Ist
to be big , now I'm at 4x
Jah
10x
Ber
and so on...
I consider myself low end rich :D
But currently all Runes (except
Ist
) lost value to me, I am just trying to collect as many Grail items as I can.

Nate 532

Switch
I would add a category of “super rich”.

There are people out there who basically have boundless Wealth, or they can generate it at a crazy rate normal people just can’t keep up or compete with.

By your standards I’m “rich”, got a cta, hoto, Grief, Enigma, fort, Faith and a
Sur
and
Lo
in the stash, but I still can’t put together a true ‘end game’ character yet. My closest one robs nearly all my high end equipment from all my other characters.

Good question though, a follow-up would be how long did it take for you to accumulate all your Wealth? For me being ssf offline it’s taken like 7 months...and I can see myself playing another 7 before getting bored (or botw 2 comes out)
POOR oh so very poor. So poor in fact I don't even realize it until it was painfully obvious. I frequently visit the free rooms to unload gear I can't bring myself to just sell. So trying to be helpful take those said items to give to others. Then somone enters the room and starts unloading full elite sets, uniques handfuls of gems and jewls and before I know it I'm leaving with more in my stash than I came in with leaving out the back door (wp) like I'm going somewhere important to kill another diablo or somthing. I mean I picked up a 4/4 fire faucet and a 15ias15maxdmg jewl. If people are just throwing those away and I'm picking them up yup that's when I realized I was poor.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Much like a couple others have already done, I would challenge that definition of rich. Given, as a new players "10 runes
Mal
or higher" may sound like a lot but as someone trying to actually gear any high lvl char, that definition may not even be enough to build your first Grief. Or to get your first merc Fortitude. "Rich" is pushing it at that point imo.
Poll seems to support that. If 59% are "rich", it isn't really "rich" but "normal".

Though yeah, 'tis all subjective. Much like tons of people have a very different definition of "rich" in real life as well.
I'm in the third of your categories, I'm slowly getting there but certainly wouldn't consider myself rich!

1x Grief (
Mal
+
Lo
)
1x Fortitude (
Lo
)
1x Hoto (
Vex
)

In stash I have 1
Cham
, 1
Ber
, 1
Ohm
, 1
Gul
, 1
Ist
, 1
Mal

= 10 "high" runes in total.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
[email protected] wrote: 1 year ago
POOR oh so very poor. So poor in fact I don't even realize it until it was painfully obvious. I f
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
, it isn't really "rich" but "normal".
then you're saying whoever don't have gried isnt normal? that's why i said poor. i played the game since it came out, and i think i got a
Lo
one time, or
Mal
...can't remember. but i sure as hell payed 40Pgems for a single
Ist
..so that's stinking rich on my terms for people who have 10 ists.
you guys want to define rich by standards? go ahead :) make another poll. but that means all us poor people won't be even in the poll.

OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
wouldn't consider myself rich!
stinking rich on my book. I have this game a year, and i haven't come close to what you have.

rikus wrote: 1 year ago
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
wouldn't consider myself rich!
stinking rich on my book. I have this game a year, and i haven't come close to what you have.
Ha, well of course it's all relative but I'm clearly not stinking rich, by any stretch. In terms of runes found, it's very little. Majority of mine have come from trades over the past 6 or so weeks, and aside from finding an
Eth
Reaper's Toll (which I traded for that
Ber
), I've never had anything truly valuable to sell. An average sorc torch for
Ohm
, couple of
Token of Absolution
for
Ist
each, some gems for
Ist
, a couple of half decent charms for
Ist
each. It has all been very modest but it does feel like I'm beginning to make progress.

OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Well Janet, you’re not considered budget gear. So you’re disqualified from being poor. Again, that’s according to my definition of rich. Of course there are people who capitalised like crazy here, who are probable the 10% billioners etc

New definition of rich:
"I would like another Last Wish to test out that new reaver build I saw last night. Let me go to my stash and get my runes."

New definition of poor:
"Man I would love to make a HOTO for my sorc but I don't have anything to trade for a
Vex
..."

I definitely remember being at the bottom end, not near being at that top end

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
Well Janet, you’re not considered budget gear. So you’re disqualified from being poor. Again, that’s according to my definition of rich. Of course there are people who capitalised like crazy here, who are probable the 10% billioners etc
I'm not poor, just not rich. :)

I have one char with top end gear (the barb with Fortitude and Grief) but the rest are still running around in a Treachery or Duress, very much mid level gear.

Rich for me is having the runes to make what I consider to be the luxury runewords, like Faith and Dream and Phoenix and Last Wish, for example.

But as I say, it's all relative, and I certainly remember being in the same position as you. You will get there if you keep playing, slowly but surely!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...