Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3194 replies   459804 views

Uber Diablo occurrence record keeping (Softcore Non-Ladder)

No data yet

Description

Description by Bisu

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Armlesswunder wrote: 1 year ago
That was def an interesting run. Never saw it creep up like that before... Whoever organized this def made it easy for the trackers to do there job. Congrats everyone who got their first anni today!
Not sure who triggered this one but yeah, nice and slow.

Enough time to see it hit 3, set up an AFK game. Head out for a couple drinks and a quick bite. And still come back in time to see it pop and grab 5 more annis before folks in pub games reacted. :D
Hahahahaha! Good idea, will remember it for the next time
Hahaha, my personal record is 3 on Asia. Quite the accomplishment with all that latency over there :D Schnorki is the biggest menace to all these public games DClone hunters :))

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
Hahaha, my personal record is 3 on Asia. Quite the accomplishment with all that latency over there :D Schnorki is the biggest menace to all these public games DClone hunters :))
The off-hour walks are the ones where you really get to cash in actually. Assuming you happen to be around. Caught the last..US I believe it was NL walk and ended up with like 17 annis (give or take a couple) because every single public game was just someone having left their trade game up, afk for hours and there was literally noone else online. Sadly, there wasn't any more games to clean out after that. :D
The off-hour walks are the ones where you really get to cash in actually. Assuming you happen to be around. Caught the last..US I believe it was NL walk and ended up with like 17 annis (give or take a couple) because every public single game was just someone having left their trade game up, afk for hours and there was literally noone else online. Sadly, there wasn't any more games to clean out after that. :D
Hahaha, wow, 17 :D That's mad :)) The thing is, even if the walk happens off-hour as far as the population of said region is concerned, there are still the people from the other two regions who will flood the public games, at least in my experience. I'm a little saddened by the fact that Annies lost their "exclusivity" and became way too common, but I guess that's better, compared to the whole supply being controlled by "a handful of people". Too bad Blizzard didn't come up with something in-between.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
The off-hour walks are the ones where you really get to cash in actually. Assuming you happen to be around. Caught the last..US I believe it was NL walk and ended up with like 17 annis (give or take a couple) because every public single game was just someone having left their trade game up, afk for hours and there was literally noone else online. Sadly, there wasn't any more games to clean out after that. :D
Hahaha, wow, 17 :D That's mad :)) The thing is, even if the walk happens off-hour as far as the population of said region is concerned, there are still the people from the other two regions who will flood the public games, at least in my experience. I'm a little saddened by the fact that Annies lost their "exclusivity" and became way too common, but I guess that's better, compared to the whole supply being controlled by "a handful of people". Too bad Blizzard didn't come up with something in-between.
Only if they know.
With the last non-ladder walks (excluding today), they went so quick that you basically had to randomly be there and on that region to catch them. Plus you'd then be isolated in your little pseudo-local server cluster or however that works nowadays (not that they ever bothered giving us the details on that) so most folks that may still be there from other regions won't even affect you it seems as they won't see the same games.
Only if they know.
With the last non-ladder walks (excluding today), they went so quick that you basically had to randomly be there and on that region to catch them. Plus you'd then be isolated in your little pseudo-local server cluster or however that works nowadays (not that they ever bothered giving us the details on that) so most folks that may still be there from other regions won't even affect you it seems as they won't see the same games.
Hmmm, do you reckon that not all public games are visible to everyone the whole time? I mean, granted, they are too many to be displayed in the games list window in one go, but still. To be honest, I've noticed that no matter how many times I refresh the games list, it's always pretty much the same games being displayed, give or take a few. This is especially noticeable when joining public games during a walk.

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
I think it's that the games list is automatically filtered based on how close the host is to you. Like, each region is sub-divided into smaller sub-regions, and you only see games from your own sub-region. Or something like that. That's what Schnorki was getting at.

EDIT: Maybe it's not even geographical regions, just whatever "sub-cluster" of servers you happen to be connected to (which you can't see).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I think it's that the games list is automatically filtered based on how close the host is to you. Like, each region is sub-divided into smaller sub-regions, and you only see games from your own sub-region. Or something like that. That's what Schnorki was getting at.

EDIT: Maybe it's not even geographical regions, just whatever "sub-cluster" of servers you happen to be connected to (which you can't see).
This.
Kind of.
Maybe. Or maybe not.

We don't really know is kind of the point. There's some sort of sub-division and sub-clustering going on that is partially but maybe not entirely based on geographical region. Blizz noted that much a while ago. But what it actually is and what the determining factors are...who the hell knows.

Maybe the new lobby stuff sheds some light onto that (or better yet just gets rid of it).

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
History of last EU SC NL Walk (22/06):
. 3/6 at 17h48*
. 4/6 at 18h51 (+1h03)
. 5/6 at 19h56 (+1h05)
. 6/6 at 20h11 (+0h15)
From 3/6 to 6/6 took 2h23