Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
65 replies   25731 views

Description

apparently you can make ladder only runewords on non ladder because of this oversight by blizzard. this oversight is now patched.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Deleted User 632 0

apparently you can make ladder only runewords on non ladder because of this oversight by blizzard. this oversight is now patched.
Answeredby ShadowHeart1 year agoGo to post
Correct (now patched out of the game). And it seems all the ones people had already made on NL poofed.

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
Fascinating

Too bad I don't have an actual use for any of the new ones.
(Not that that stopped me from making some of them just in case..^^)
This beats playing ladder or waiting 3 more months. BRB, making an Obsession.

EDIT:

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
This beats playing ladder or waiting 3 more months. BRB, making an Obsession.

EDIT:
obsess.png
That is a nice base!

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
Confirmd

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
They're using @BMAY's smiling character remakes for the youtube thumbnail :lol:

What do we think Blizzard will do about this?

Deleted User 632 0

Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
They're using @BMAY's smiling character remakes for the youtube thumbnail :lol:

What do we think Blizzard will do about this?
i'm guessing they would want to fix it asap for the next season. but i don't think it matter that much now for the current ladder.
Alessandro_d2 wrote: 1 year ago
image.png
Confirmd
Um
sir, that's a perfect roll. wtf
After watching this video yesterday I haven't logged into Diablo since. Severely demotivating to find out that some !@##$#@# dupers are destroying the economy by duping high runes en mass. Not sure if I'll be playing again this ladder season. This was precisely why I quit the game 20 years ago.
tatarjj wrote: 1 year ago
After watching this video yesterday I haven't logged into Diablo since. Severely demotivating to find out that some !@##$#@# dupers are destroying the economy by duping high runes en mass. Not sure if I'll be playing again this ladder season. This was precisely why I quit the game 20 years ago.
if you are quiting, i want 1st dibs. #First

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
tatarjj wrote: 1 year ago
While I would certainly not be surprised by it, considering the history of it all, I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on what seems to so far be a solitary occurrence. (Based on that video anyways..I certainly won't bother digging through that there annoying site to look for other examples)

If/when it does happen again though, I sincerely hope that blizzard removes poofing and the item ID concept. Flooding the economy was one thing. But spending ages farming to trade for something that was still comparatively expensive just to have it go poof 2 games later through no fault of your own? Now that was truly annoying.

Edit:
Then again..considering the sudden intense spike in walks, who knows? Though if they had the method that early (per vid), there should've already been more sneaky private walks before annis started deflating I guess so...a toss up.
can anyone confirm that the ladder-only RWs still work on NL like this? dont want to waste a
Cham
Gul
tryna make Mist...thanks!

EDIT: I took the risk and it worked. was a bit weird because my ladder char failed to create game at first, and then I couldnt log in to any char for a few minutes, it said "this character is already in a game". eventually everything went back to normal and I had this Mist. not the best roll, but suuuuch new BIS for magezon!

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
moonlit wrote: 1 year ago
can anyone confirm that the ladder-only RWs still work on NL like this? dont want to waste a
Cham
Gul
tryna make Mist...thanks!
Go make a Pattern claw. Quick and cheap way to check up front.

moot11 117

Americas PC
i just noticed that a non-ladder Flickering Flame is gone from my stash, anyone else had ladder runewords poof?
Wow, that's pretty radical on Blizzard's part :D I thought they are only going to "invalidate" our runewords until Ladder S2...

I just checked and my Pattern claw is gone as well. I guess they did it :D

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
Are you sayin they'll just erase my 15-2-310 pb Plague which costed me 6 rolls (first 5 was 1sk crap)? This is rather depressin - I spent
Ber
+ total to make this PoS šŸ¤¬
Asha wrote: 1 year ago
Are you sayin they'll just erase my 15-2-310 pb Plague which costed me 6 rolls (first 5 was 1sk crap)? This is rather depressin - I spent
Ber
We're probably saying that they already did... But I would reckon deleting the items was a mistake, rather than intended, so there may be a slim chance of them returning the items with the runes in them as after all, nothing about the base item and the runes is illegitimate.

moot11 117

Americas PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
Ber
We're probably saying that they already did... But I would reckon deleting the items was a mistake, rather than intended, so there may be a slim chance of them returning the items with the runes in them as after all, nothing about the base item and the runes is illegitimate.
HA! Blizzard restoring your poofed items? No chance. They fixed their glitch, it was fun while it lasted

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
I can understand "okay, we're patchin it now - so u can't use this exploit from now on". But nooo... "let's hit you hard, and erase what you got. Get ur ass to ladder, bc slave must work more n more. We want you to switch to ladder - we don't give a damn if you don't want it". Great, Blizzard. Fhank you alot - if I discover my weapon's gone when I'm back from duty tomorrow...
moot11 wrote: 1 year ago
HA! Blizzard restoring your poofed items? No chance. They fixed their glitch, it was fun while it lasted
Come on, why not? There shouldn't be any technical limitations, preventing this from happening. Even though it's the same old game (more or less), there are a ton of things that have changed behind the scenes, so I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. However, if straight up deleting the items was their initial intention, RIP items I guess :D
I can understand "okay, we're patchin it now - so u can't use this exploit from now on". But nooo... "let's hit you hard, and erase what you got. Get ur ass to ladder, bc slave must work more n more. We want you to switch to ladder - we don't give a damn if you don't want it". Great, Blizzard. Fhank you alot - if I discover my weapon's gone when I'm back from duty tomorrow...
Stopping the exploit, but allowing the items to continue existing as runewords would be a big "L" for the people responsible, hence not really an option. I thought that they are just going to implement a check, leaving a "gemmed item" if a list of runewords is found on non-ladder. Sounds like the most logical way to approach this, at least to me.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...