Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
51 replies   6159 views

Description

I assume many players still don't know much about the dark side of D2, player killing, for short PK.

So if you have any question regardingh this, feel free to reply. I will do my best to answer any question on this topic!

Here is the start of my new ladder adventures...

Episode 2 is up now, shows my stats early on,

Episode 3 is up, theme would be double kills,

Episode 4 is up, with complete stats and gear, enjoy! :)

Episode 5 is up, the last one for this run, you know what that means! ;)

Reference to my old adventures, forums/want-to-discuss-hardcore-pk-ing-t664664.html
Description by DiabloPlayerKiller

Can be used to make Runewords:

I assume many players still don't know much about the dark side of D2, player killing, for short PK.

So if you have any question regardingh this, feel free to reply. I will do my best to answer any question on this topic!

Here is the start of my new ladder adventures...

Episode 2 is up now, shows my stats early on,

Episode 3 is up, theme would be double kills,

Episode 4 is up, with complete stats and gear, enjoy! :)

Episode 5 is up, the last one for this run, you know what that means! ;)

Reference to my old adventures, forums/want-to-discuss-hardcore-pk-ing-t664664.html
such fun, have you tried to steal candies from babies too?

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Thinking of getting into this style of gameplay myself. Happy hunting!
Yeah, people like you should be sterilized.
Based

I generally sell slightly under market price. Be sure to check out my profile.
The one at the
River of Flame
made me laugh. But you're still a monster.

Although people not leaving the game is them getting a lesson in D2 PKing.
So you go around killing characters who aren't set up for pvp and who have no desire for it. There's no challenge, they either leave or not. Woop-de-do. I hope you realize you are hurting the popularity of the game PKing people who are just trying to farm.
griefing/seal clubbing is a thing in any online game...
So, how do you actually do this? How would I actually know if someone is "PvP-tagged" and can just go kill me?

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
I'll just go ahead and not watch the video, assuming it is the same cheesy
Charge
-for-lowbie-instakill stuff it always is but..I've always been fascinated by the concept. From two sides in fact.

Firstly, I genuinely enjoyed PKers joining my games everytime it happened, simply because with a game that has sadly never been all too hard once you got a wee bit of gear (and now keeps getting "fixed" to be even easier..farewell, vipers of insta-gib poison Death!), they (assuming they were any good) at least introduced a bit of a challenge to it from time to time. Can't help but be thankful for that.

Secondly though, I never understood the PKer side of it. Like 99 out of 100 people you meet are "PvP inept" farmers in MF gear and the like who just fall over in an instant anyways. There's no challenge, no achievement and hence at least in my mind..no accomplishment and no joy in it. To each his own I guess but I genuinely never got that half of it.

Then again, maybe I'm just biased after years and years of proper league play, back in the olden days. D2 PvP can be impressively good compared to many other games..but steamrolling random farmers or ungeared lvling folks? Mweh..
Theres a chance to use this killing force for good. Take down the damned botters!!!

Always interesting to see though.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Mimic 12

Europe PC
So far nobody asked a serious question - so here's mine: Why are you doing this / what is keeping you motivated? We already heard from the others that it's probably not about the pvp-challenge...
Mimic wrote: 1 year ago
So far nobody asked a serious question - so here's mine: Why are you doing this / what is keeping you motivated? We already heard from the others that it's probably not about the pvp-challenge...
Is it not serious to ask how I can avoid this happening to me? I'm a noob, enlighten me... I know, I know... just google it.. wah wah...
The game is suitable for persons aged 16 years and over only..
Who let their kid alone!?

Relax and have fun!
OP
Katonda wrote: 1 year ago
Thinking of getting into this style of gameplay myself. Happy hunting!
If you think Hardcore makes your heart beat, wait until you try to PK and go up against other players. It is such a rush some times, something completely different from killing stupid monsters. :)

GL trying it!
Elithraldor wrote: 1 year ago
Is it not serious to ask how I can avoid this happening to me? I'm a noob, enlighten me... I know, I know... just google it.. wah wah...
in the party screen it will show if they are teamed with you or not. Once he goes hostile towards you (you'll see the red
Skull
and crossbones in top right of screen) then he can kill you. So if you see that tp out or leave if you're not ready for it.
OP
Grizzlywise wrote: 1 year ago
The one at the
River of Flame
made me laugh. But you're still a monster.

Although people not leaving the game is them getting a lesson in D2 PKing.
Yeah, that barb hit like a truck! :)

Many people have no idea this is even a feature of the game, better they learn it in normal with their lvl 20's than in NM/Hell!

I even had someone tell me he lost all his lined up gear, runes, Spirit rune word, rune word bases et.c.

- "Man, you need to learn about shared stash space if you play HC!" was basically my comment. Only a matter of time since he would loose it anyway...
OP
Elithraldor wrote: 1 year ago
So, how do you actually do this? How would I actually know if someone is "PvP-tagged" and can just go kill me?
Glad you asked, you click the icon you see to the left of the character names in Party screen. That button indicates if you are hostile with anyone. (You can also unhostile using the same button, it behaves like a switch.)

It is enough with one player clicking that button, then you both are hostile to each other.

If you hostile anyone in a party, you hostile all members in that party.

Oh, and there is no way you can miss this happening, it plays a terrifying sound, and the big hostile icon pops up to the right side of your screen.

For about 8 seconds after going hostile you can not use waypoints, so you do have time to get into safety. Unless you are right outside of town, then I can just rush you straight after.

When hostile I can not enter red portal to
Tristram
or Cows, so those are always safe spots.
OP
I have played D2 + D2R game so much (I am quite old) and know all the ins and outs of it from 10-12 years of actively playing them, and this is my last challenge to be honest. It is the only thing that still can give me a rush! :)

I have three favourite scenarios, one is this, where people actually fight back (two examples coming up in this one),

My other favourite is when I outsmart players and can see what is about to happen and set up a trap, like these,

My third is after a really long hunt, I can spend 5-10 minutes running around looking for people using various techniques and strategies,
lol bro I like those vids in a sadistical way but don't kid yourself pretending theres any challenge

I generally sell slightly under market price. Be sure to check out my profile.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...