Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
32 replies   2176 views

Description

Hello all. Yesterday I lost my level 93 mf cold/fire sorc who died to
Nihlathak
. I've been building and optimizing this toon, and magic finding with it, for about six months.

When the Death happened I didn't get mad, yell, cry, flip the table, smash my fist through the screen, curl up in the fetal position, or question my life's purpose. I just sat there with a bit of smile and a feeling of serenity, believe it or not. This sounds crazy, but I truly felt liberated. It was as if, finally, I was free from the continuous and never-ending grind. No more was I a rat stuck on a wheel, chasing after a piece of cheese on a string. No more did I have to think about chasing a fantasy (
Jah
Ith
Ber
). No more was I a prisoner of my own making.

I gave away all of my gear on my mules and uninstalled.

I can finally rest in Peace.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello all. Yesterday I lost my level 93 mf cold/fire sorc who died to
Nihlathak
. I've been building and optimizing this toon, and magic finding with it, for about six months.

When the Death happened I didn't get mad, yell, cry, flip the table, smash my fist through the screen, curl up in the fetal position, or question my life's purpose. I just sat there with a bit of smile and a feeling of serenity, believe it or not. This sounds crazy, but I truly felt liberated. It was as if, finally, I was free from the continuous and never-ending grind. No more was I a rat stuck on a wheel, chasing after a piece of cheese on a string. No more did I have to think about chasing a fantasy (
Jah
Ith
Ber
). No more was I a prisoner of my own making.

I gave away all of my gear on my mules and uninstalled.

I can finally rest in Peace.
Best of Luck

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
RIP
HC characters are much more willing to grind past 90s and then comes deaths release. Still waiting for my EPS to start over after my loss.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
F

Your deeds of valour will be remembered.

Rest in Peace.

Death comes for every character at some point. As careful as one is, as much as one pumps Vitality, eventually there is a bad roll on a Unique pack, or a doll hiding under 3 fire walls. Losing all that work sounds tough, but then again, that is what HC is all about. Risk and reward.

Could be worse, it could be that other Diablo game's HC. Oh, you got rooted 3 different ways, AND Bone walled, AND lasered? While frozen? Hahaha, wasn't that fun? Such a great game. We're having fun.
I give u a month break, the soulstone will call u back again soon :) its good to take a break once in awhile, but we all know, somehow u will be back :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
HC is just too harsh man :D

Enjoy whatever you will play or do next =)
Sounds like you wanted an excuse to quit. Hope you find more enjoyment in your next game!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Hardcore makes very little sense to me. Not only are you limited to the tankiest and safest builds and playstyles possible (BOOOORING!), but even then, it can all go to the crapper for reasons completely out of your control. All just to stroke your ego a little? Bleh.

Still. As @d2rppa69 said, you'll be back. One way or another, sooner or later, you'll be back. And we'll welcome you back with open arms.

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Its just about a set goal, how far can I get without dying. Maybe next time I'll push to 99, maybe this toom will be a Diablo 2's swiss knife.

You will be back. Diablo Immortal on your cell phone right? xD
Still, inspiring you got to where you did. I've never touched 90's in hardcore, it's too painful worrying all the time for me, so I stick to softcore. I consider your Death a goal, and not a loss :) job well done *handshake*

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Lol. I actually wish you didn’t come back and find joy in your life that doesn’t involve investing your energies over bullshit.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
oldboldsummoner wrote: 2 years ago
I just sat there with a bit of smile and a feeling of serenity, believe it or not.
Absolutely. I thought I had a screw loose but the moments that follow Death are what made me love hc.
She had a good run. RIP.
Nith running seems like a good way to be 'at Peace' in such a situation. I don't know that I'd want to go anywhere near him in HC.
Respect. I hope you're able to find something different to put your energy in, which will be rewarding.
congrats, what a perfect way to end this arduous addiction, makes me want to play HC for the next ladder
I wouldn't play HC even if Diablo 2 was the only video game ever in existence and it was HC only.
Congrats, and RIP.

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
Some players need a hc rip to pause/cease/quit completely, and some can just grow bored/tired regardless of sc/hc, good/bad drop, or whatever. If you return later - it means the game still holds you in its
Claws
. If you don't - you're free 🙂 well, a sort of.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...