Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   11211 views

Description

I had my first HR drop! I imagine I must have been quite lucky, since I've probably only done ~5 hrs of dedicated farming with an efficient build so far.

Buuuuut.... it's a
Cham
. I had no idea what its value was until I looked it up on the trade value guide. Suffice to say, it's probably still the most high-value item I have so far, but not nearly as valuable as I'd initially hoped. As the website description says: "A rune that, when it drops, makes you think: "Why couldn't I have been just a little less lucky and got a
Jah
to drop instead?""...

Is it true that its only use currently is mostly to socket for Cannot Be Frozen? Should I hang on to it and hope that new runewords come out that might use it? Or should I try to trade it for 3+
Ist
and use that to gear my char? I'm currently farming on a budget Blizz sorc that's using a Druid torch (I know....) and has no skiller charms or Mara, so I could probably kit it out fairly well with 3
Ist
. I do already have basic items like a
Shako
Magefist
, que hegan,
Scarabshell Boots
. Not sure if I'll regret not keeping it?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I had my first HR drop! I imagine I must have been quite lucky, since I've probably only done ~5 hrs of dedicated farming with an efficient build so far.

Buuuuut.... it's a
Cham
. I had no idea what its value was until I looked it up on the trade value guide. Suffice to say, it's probably still the most high-value item I have so far, but not nearly as valuable as I'd initially hoped. As the website description says: "A rune that, when it drops, makes you think: "Why couldn't I have been just a little less lucky and got a
Jah
to drop instead?""...

Is it true that its only use currently is mostly to socket for Cannot Be Frozen? Should I hang on to it and hope that new runewords come out that might use it? Or should I try to trade it for 3+
Ist
and use that to gear my char? I'm currently farming on a budget Blizz sorc that's using a Druid torch (I know....) and has no skiller charms or Mara, so I could probably kit it out fairly well with 3
Ist
. I do already have basic items like a
Shako
Magefist
, que hegan,
Scarabshell Boots
. Not sure if I'll regret not keeping it?
If I had that choice, I would keep it till I see what the new runewords are. The patch is coming up and it's value might jump largely. If it doesn't you can still trade it later.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I've found a
Cham
really soon after the release of D2R, I still have it. More like, I forgot about it - since they announced new Runewords, I'll just keep it to see what will happen or if it gets any more use/value.
For me there's no need to trade it right now.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
OP
StonerSmurf wrote: 2 years ago
If I had that choice, I would keep it till I see what the new runewords are. The patch is coming up and it's value might jump largely. If it doesn't you can still trade it later.
Is it possible that after the ladder season, we can make those new runewords on normal chars (which have never been in ladder), too?
misaochan wrote: 2 years ago
Is it possible that after the ladder season, we can make those new runewords on normal chars (which have never been in ladder), too?
I believe they stated that at the end of the ladder season the new runeword(s) will then move to non-ladder. Then, the next season will have season only runeword(s) until the next reset and move on to non-ladder. And so on and so forth.
If you're in a rush, you could probably just trade it and gear up your sorc to have an easier time. 3
Ist
can get you a
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
for 1
Ist
, a mediocre pair of War Travelers for 1
Ist
, and a
The Oculus
+ 2 decent
Nagelring
. Maybe with some change left over for that last bit. Or a
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
for 1
Ist
or slightly less. So as far as mf goes you'd be fairly set right there if you sold it. Which could potentially lead you to better finds in the "here and now".

Or like you said you could save it until 2.4 runewords are at least announced, see if there's anything in there you will want that requires a
Cham
, and then make the decision. There's also a chance that prices for it will go up with increased possibility for usable runewords at that point.

All about patience or immediate rewards. :)

Personally I'd hold on to it. It doesn't take much to decently gear up a sorceress after all. some mediocre finds here and there and you're all set.
misaochan wrote: 2 years ago
They said they will make runewords available to non-ladder characters after each ladder, yes.
OP
Awesome! Will keep it, and also keep my fingers crossed. :) Thank you all.
For what I've understood, the new runewords are just for ladder, so no point waiting on your char for new runewords.
Either, you find a decent runeword that uses it, or just trade it. There might be someone interested in said runeword.
let say 2 month till new ladder start, and 4 month till it ends, so we are looking at at least 6 months till
Cham
can be used in new runeword for non-ladder season. Also most of trading activity will happen in ladder season, so I dont see much point holding to
Cham
and hope its value can increase a lot. break it into 3-4
Ist
to gear up you toons and enjoy the game now. There is always some thing better in the future.
Remember, a random HR of not your choosing is better than no HR at all.
I would go with a gear option as well. Why?

1. Too much time until new runewords will arrive for non-ladder.

2. Gear helps you to clear up faster and most probably with better MF. The speed of clearing mobs is the most important in this game ;) Therefore, better gear, quicker farming, more items to trade. Just imagine you trade your
Cham
now for 4
Ist
, gear up, farm and in a week you sell enough farmed gear to buy a new
Cham
with your own currency. Just an idea...

P.S.: For farming the Hell cows you don't even need MF, just speed. So, if you spend a few days farming the Cows, you will get enough Wealth to buy another
Cham

I had a friend get a bad trade off that same idea. He rolled a perfect cta 6/6/4 and was offered a
Zod
. His mind set was its higher than
Jah
and
Ber
so F$&# yeah let's do it. He was very sad when finding out the truth and price.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Bruh. Let's get real. Spend that shit.

Why just sit on a rune for the next 6 months just so that something might happen?

You gotta wait for the ladder to start, which could be God knows when... then you gotta wait til it ends... no way.

Trade it for
Vex
+ 2
Ist
and go buy yourself something nice.

That's way better value than sitting on it.
I say sell it and boost up your sorc. Get
Tal
's and an Occy and you'll be farming much quicker and will be more likely to land a big drop!

Deleted User 63530 0

boath screens come from same game
all was shit

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...