Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
24 replies   9862 views

Description

Description by sonnytai331

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
So this build is still a lot of fun to play, but what I found I don’t like is that there seems to be a hard
Cap
on how strong it can be.

- There’s no way for me to raise my Aura above Level 30.
-
Conviction
doesn’t lower resists more after Level 25, so that’s pointless too.
- Since only hard points matter for synergies, getting more +skills doesn’t make my aura hit harder.
- Because my shield and
Helm
slot have to be runewords, and the BiS weapon is also a runeword, there is only one place for an RBF, which is the armor, and even that’s not possible if you choose to run with Enigma or Fortitude.

Speaking of that, I think I’m going to buy a Fortitude and make a low MF version to see if I can hold my own on 8 player cows - but this version is going to lean on melee a lot more than the aura.
I converted to Tesladin from hammers a couple weeks ago and didn't look back. I can stomp Trav, Chaos, and all 3 WSK levels without a sweat. The best thing about the build, to me, is that clear time really isn't all that bad. Full clear of Chaos and all 3 WSK levels takes maybe 15-20 minutes going at a fairly leisurely pace. I'm running 250+% MF with a Fortitude,
Goldwrap
War Traveler
, and some 7% MF small charms. Damage is amazing and hardly any worry of dying, even without using a CTA. Here's my setup:

Helm
and Shield: Dream
Weapon: Grief
Chest: Fortitude
Belt
:
Goldwrap

Boots
:
War Traveler

Gloves:
Laying of Hands

Amulet:
Highlord's Wrath

Ring 1:
Raven Frost

Ring 2: 5% dual leech ring with 20 light res and 30 poison res that I found
Charms:
Gheed's Fortune
, 3xMax Dmg + AR Grand Charms, Anni, Pally Torch, and the rest 7%MF small charms

Merc: Act 1 merc w/ a Faith,
Eth
Fortitude, and non-
Eth
Andy's w/ a
Ral
socket

That's what I'm currently running with that I like. Some decent MF and high damage and safety.

Some discussion:

-Besides the weapon, shield, and
Helm
, most things can be changed around as you like. Enigma is fine for some extra MF and to TP to reposition merc.
-I've done some offline testing with a Last Wish and it didn't make much of a difference to me. The
Life Tap
and might aura are ok and do well for Ubers to be extra safe if that's your goal
-
Raven Frost
is pretty much mandatory for cannot be frozen. Ring 2 you can use anything else really, Nagel, dual leech ring, soj, whatever you want.
- Amulet can be switch. Highlord's is my default for IAS and light res and +skills. Although
The Rising Sun
is nice for the fire absorb in Trav and Chaos which ends up healing you, not much different
- Can trade some damage for MF and get rid of grand charms etc., beside
Gheed
's, for 7%MF small charms which will put me over 300%MF
- Gloves/
Boots
/
Belt
can be anything as well. LoH is good for IAS and %dmg to demons on physical, Drac's are good. War Travs, Treks, Goblin Toes, Gore Riders all good.
String of Ears
, Verdungos, etc. are good.

All in all the Tesladin is a pretty solid build and the versatility is a big plus. It's a nice change of pace from TPing around to bosses/elites. You wont be as fast or efficient as other builds, but hey, sometimes you just want to sit and back and relax.
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
If I'll be ever raisin such build, I'll rather prefer Dream
Diadem
instead of
Skull
-like headgear, and either
Guardian Angel
chest (which is great to even look upon 🙂), or perhaps even Hand of Justice + Dragon armor to diversify the damage output. I wouldn't hunt high MF numbers - got tired of browsin green/gold items already. Aside from that - this sort of pala is rather strong, and easy to navigate indeed.
I think I would prefer a
Diadem
as well, but I didn’t make the helmet, I bought it. I made the shield myself though.

I still get a psychological thrill from green and gold drops. I think farming for just runes would be really really dry to me.

I was just walking through Durance Level 2 zapping everything and Bul Kathos
Colossus Sword
just dropped! Yeah it’s not that strong anymore, but still cool to see an item that was highly valued back in the day.
Why would you prefer a
Diadem
over the
Bone Visage
? Because of strength req?

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Looks like the Tesladin evolved to his new form on PTR!

(No idea if it's actually better but still impressive)
You look fabulous in that purple

Stay a while and listen!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...