Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
41 replies   5470 views

Description

Been playing the game for a couple of months now, and I feel like there are some minor areas of improvement that could make the game even better:

- Give different keys a different skin, even if it's just a different color. Mildly annoying that you have to float over a
Key
to know what kind of
Key
it is.

- Buff heavy armor types. 90% of end-game characters are running around with a
Dusk Shroud
or archon /
Mage Plate
. As a result, everybody looks the same. It would be great if a
Full Plate Mail
or
Hellforge Plate
offered significantly more defense (instead of just 60-100 or so) in exchange for the much higher strength requirement. It also makes intuitive sense - a heavy ass
Shadow Plate
should give way more defense than a crappy rag looking
Dusk Shroud

- Buff
Ist
Rune. It's 25% MF in helms, whereas a PTopaz is 24%. There's literally no scenario where you would insert an
Ist
Rune into a
Helm
for 1% difference. I think bumping the MF to 30% for all gear is reasonable.

Any other ideas?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Been playing the game for a couple of months now, and I feel like there are some minor areas of improvement that could make the game even better:

- Give different keys a different skin, even if it's just a different color. Mildly annoying that you have to float over a
Key
to know what kind of
Key
it is.

- Buff heavy armor types. 90% of end-game characters are running around with a
Dusk Shroud
or archon /
Mage Plate
. As a result, everybody looks the same. It would be great if a
Full Plate Mail
or
Hellforge Plate
offered significantly more defense (instead of just 60-100 or so) in exchange for the much higher strength requirement. It also makes intuitive sense - a heavy ass
Shadow Plate
should give way more defense than a crappy rag looking
Dusk Shroud

- Buff
Ist
Rune. It's 25% MF in helms, whereas a PTopaz is 24%. There's literally no scenario where you would insert an
Ist
Rune into a
Helm
for 1% difference. I think bumping the MF to 30% for all gear is reasonable.

Any other ideas?
Fix
Teleport
from preventing you from teleporting when you click on a door or object. Honestly it's a major pain in the A**.
Make
Teleport
require a line of sight to use.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
- The ability to split runes (i.e. reverse-cube) would be nice.

- The ability to remove runes from a socketed item and preserve the runes at the cost of 1 SOJ.

- The ability to dip into your shared stashes when gambling (having to run back and transfer gold is annoying)
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago

- The ability to remove runes from a socketed item and preserve the runes at the cost of 1 SOJ.

- The ability to dip into your shared stashes when gambling (having to run back and transfer gold is annoying)
and you think this is not game breaking?
OP
Desdanova wrote: 2 years ago

and you think this is not game breaking?
Which parts?

Are you talking about this one?

I don't think the other two are that impactful.

For splitting runes, can limit it to
Thul
and below like it is now. Mostly so if I pick up
Hel
runes, I can turn them into
Ral
runes, not to turn a
Sur
into 2 Los.
Here's my 2ct:

- Itemlevel on tooltip.
- Show # of open sockets on nametag when dropped.
- Confirm 1st socket on a open socketed item. (to prevent me from stuffing that shiny new hr in a
Shako
by accident)
-showing ilvl would be ideal
-when you start a new game have the last difficulty you used on that character selected by default
-during a loading screen your character and minions/follower are moved to a 'limbo' zone where nothing can happen until all assets are loaded
Please let us overwrite our gold withdraw amount, sigh.
Make a cube recipe to add sockets to unique/set items
OP
Cube recipe to reverse
Anya
personalization.

Was gonna buy a HoZ yesterday, but didn't make an offer because I didn't want the previous dude's name all over it.
Cube recipe to reverse
Anya
personalization.

Was gonna buy a HoZ yesterday, but didn't make an offer because I didn't want the previous dude's name all over it.
I kinda understand. Probably no one will ever buy this from me. I like the idea

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Blizzard, if you're reading this, please make a public REST API for Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Even basics like a JSON output of bnet character .d2s file contents would revolutionise what 3rd party devs like myself, Squishguin at Traderie, Rush at purediablo, and the devs behind Maxroll would be able to achieve.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Ya i guess these issues would be kinda nice but they pale in comparison to the actual changes that need to be made. Like MORE DAMN CHARACTER SLOTS or or LET RUNES AND GEMS STACK FFS MAN. //wrists

Maybe item stacking could "break" something, but more character slots? That's some grade a horseshit that they "can't increase it easily". We're finally getting a buff to all the dead skills and even mercenaries, yet we can't make more characters because there's not only no space to put shit but we can't even make more mules let alone more characters to try. I feel like im getting trolled with 2.4

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
Definitely no uncubin - ofc everyone would be happy to trade their
Sur
for 2x
Lo
without even tradin - or splittin the
Cham
for 4x
Ber
, right? šŸ™‚

Soj for a proper deconstruction of a rw? There is a flaw here as well - buyin bad rolled Phoenix/Last Wish/Infinity for half price, then spend a soj, get runes back, repeat=profit.

About armors: What really needs to be done instead of rescoring defence - is to fix the loss of a merc when you're in walking mode instead of running. This is the way to make defence stat actually worth something.

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
About personalization... it isn't about inscribin your name on an item. It's about givin your char a proper name, and think carefully about where you'll put the name on, and why. For example, this sorc of mine wears Asha's
Magefist
, carries Asha's
Stormshield
, and thinks about namin her Sandstorm
Boots
as well. I won't even think about sellin these or swappin for smth else.

Personalization is what you use properly and carefully - then it's a unique pleasure. Otherwise, it's either useless or just pain in the ass.
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
About personalization... it isn't about inscribin your name on an item. It's about givin your char a proper name, and think carefully about where you'll put the name on, and why. For example, this sorc of mine wears Asha's
Magefist
, carries Asha's
Stormshield
, and thinks about namin her Sandstorm
Boots
as well. I won't even think about sellin these or swappin for smth else.

Personalization is what you use properly and carefully - then it's a unique pleasure. Otherwise, it's either useless or just pain in the ass.
I would love to be able to rename my items with what i want it to be named, not just my character's name attached to it. It was pretty funny in PD2. (Or some other D2 mod...)

Your
Jah
4 my feet pics

Xbox : Pockt Opossm
Switch : 8280-1208-2530
Mainly on Xbox n Pc tho :)
Usually online around 18:00 - 23:30 EST (-5 UTC)
OP
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Definitely no uncubin - ofc everyone would be happy to trade their
Sur
for 2x
Lo
without even tradin - or splittin the
Cham
for 4x
Ber
, right? šŸ™‚

Soj for a proper deconstruction of a rw? There is a flaw here as well - buyin bad rolled Phoenix/Last Wish/Infinity for half price, then spend a soj, get runes back, repeat=profit.

About armors: What really needs to be done instead of rescoring defence - is to fix the loss of a merc when you're in walking mode instead of running. This is the way to make defence stat actually worth something.
Good point about uncubing, thatā€™s why I elaborated later that it should be for
Thul
and below.

Actually buying low and spending SOJ to retain runes wouldnā€™t really profit.

Youā€™re spending a
Sur
+ for a reroll that isnā€™t guaranteed. You could be out several SOJs and still not get much of a better roll.

Perhaps the only exception is Last Wish, but the ED and CB doesnā€™t really vary enough for a high rolled one to be worth substantially more than a low rolled one imo
Project diablo 2 gives some good ideas, such as: give
Teleport
from items including Enigma or Naj a cool down.

Some classes need to be improved.
The game is only good for Sorc, Hammerdin, or Pitserker.
Other characters are still playable or have particular usages (such as Smiter, or dueling characters), but much inefficient than Sorc or Hammerdin.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...