Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
47 replies   9169 views

Description

Description by Magicos

Can be used to make Runewords:

Yup, he never asked for anything. He was bringing up a honest mechanic that can happen in laggy group games, teaching us all a lesson.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
Given that you only realized when your army of skellies was 1 short, you can't even be certain that the
Monarch
loot was when you dropped the ring. it might have happened way earlier, possibly while tinkering with the potions in your
Belt
, since your cursor would be in the vicinity of your rings. all it takes is 1 misclick while moving stuff/potions around and the ring might be "lifted" off and when closing the inventory and moving off, drop on the floor.
This. This right here. This has happened to me on PS5. Go to manage
Belt
items then any bit of lag results in your clicking your ring. I’ve dropped my rings before doing this. Luckily I mostly play in private games. Still super annoying though.

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
I feel sorry for you man, time to bring my Soj story. So I farmed 600+ times to get that 1 Soj, then I basically went for a gamble, didn't even took some time to have some fun with my Soj, I went to
Charsi
and..... 3 Soj sold. I was like AAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. And now I'm 1000+ Andy runs in (not counting those first 600+ runs) and no Soj.

Darbon wrote: 2 years ago
I feel sorry for you man, time to bring my Soj story. So I farmed 600+ times to get that 1 Soj, then I basically went for a gamble, didn't even took some time to have some fun with my Soj, I went to
Charsi
and..... 3 Soj sold. I was like AAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. And now I'm 1000+ Andy runs in (not counting those first 600+ runs) and no Soj.
Holy crap when did that happen?

You were so proud of it, you even posted it on the SOJ wall man, havin ran 300+runs on NM andy I know how depressing it is. No other drop from her is remotely close (perhaps
Tal
's ammy). God man, thats why I am soo bummed about gambling. Nobody knows how much a
Coronet
is worth, and those accidents can happen very easily.

Lo
Wisp Projector

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Charsi

You were so proud of it, you even posted it on the SOJ wall man, havin ran 300+runs on NM andy I know how depressing it is. No other drop from her is remotely close (perhaps
Tal
's ammy). God man, thats why I am soo bummed about gambling. Nobody knows how much a
Coronet
I didn't mean to be proud, more to tell people what to expect when farming Soj, how many times it may take u know, I didn't mean gamble by axidently selling it, I wanted to spawn
Diablo Clone
, It was a while ago, my ultra-expensive silly mistake :D Was playing og Diablo 1 and 2 but started online play from Diablo 3. Take it easy I just wanted to show that I know that feeling when all your work is annihilated in 1 second.

Charsi

Tal
Coronet
I didn't mean to be proud, more to tell people what to expect when farming Soj, how many times it may take u know, I didn't mean gamble by axidently selling it, I wanted to spawn
Diablo Clone
, It was a while ago, my ultra-expensive silly mistake :D Was playing og Diablo 1 and 2 but started online play from Diablo 3. Take it easy I just wanted to show that I know that feeling when all your work is annihilated in 1 second.
I see sir, thanks for the corrections and context. Interesting and valuable lesson. The fact that you still play is good, since you still enjoy the game despite the accident.

Lo
Wisp Projector
With all these accidental drops (including myself) I wish Blizz would just add a small lock icon on the equipment.
zilonka wrote: 2 years ago
With all these accidental drops (including myself) I wish Blizz would just add a small lock icon on the equipment.
Thats a great idea!!!

NO ONE wants to drop an SOJ, ANNI, Torch, Life skillers on the Ground. The lock feature would take care of that. The only issue may be database space, as you need to add a boolean column to the entire player database, increasing the volume of data being loaded/unloaded.

There may be a more efficient implementation, like reusing a column or a number by adding an extra operation.

Lo
Wisp Projector
The main takeaway I've got from this thread is a lot of people interact directly with their
Belt
to manage potions! I've only ever shift clicked them into my
Belt
, or if I must manually do something, I open the
Belt
tab (default ~)

I've never gone to the equipment slots to mess with stuff, and thank goodness cuz I know I'd be flinging rings all over the place if I had!
Hey guys, you won't BELIEVE how I found this SOJ!
Feel for you, as much as I love this community and have been blessed by some super kind people there's scumbags everywhere :):

lf godly plate of the whale
The only issue may be database space, as you need to add a boolean column to the entire player database, increasing the volume of data being loaded/unloaded.
Nah, that could be handled entirely client side: just put a little lock somewhere on the Inventory screen, toggle it on or off like the Chat Gem, and then as long as the lock is toggled on, ignore all clicks on worn gear. Just so people don't get super frustrated by it, when they click on an item with the lock toggled on, the lock should vibrate and shake visibly, and make a noise - something that says "THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T DO THAT" in giant neon letters. Maybe require the lock be selected for half a second to engage or disengage, just to prevent accidental clicks there, too.

In this case, the only thing that needs to be stored can be a locally-stored boolean value, and if that, for some reason, has to be stored server-side, it's a single boolean per character. That would add up fast, but it wouldn't be overly burdensome. Then again, save files are exceeding their size
Cap
already, so maybe adding another value isn't the best idea.

It might be relatively easy to implement, though depending on how they've set up the inventory system, it might be a colossal pain.
Illdaren wrote: 2 years ago
The only issue may be database space, as you need to add a boolean column to the entire player database, increasing the volume of data being loaded/unloaded.
Nah, that could be handled entirely client side: just put a little lock somewhere on the Inventory screen, toggle it on or off like the Chat Gem, and then as long as the lock is toggled on, ignore all clicks on worn gear. The only thing that needs to be stored can be a locally-stored boolean value, and if that, for some reason, has to be stored server-side, it's a single boolean per session. It might be relatively easy to implement, though depending on how they've set up the inventory system, it might be a colossal pain.
Maybe you guys should submit a job application to blizz and help us out here..hehe
Nah, that could be handled entirely client side: just put a little lock somewhere on the Inventory screen, toggle it on or off like the Chat Gem, and then as long as the lock is toggled on, ignore all clicks on worn gear. The only thing that needs to be stored can be a locally-stored boolean value, and if that, for some reason, has to be stored server-side, it's a single boolean per session. It might be relatively easy to implement, though depending on how they've set up the inventory system, it might be a colossal pain.
Maybe you guys should submit a job application to blizz and help us out here..hehe
I would rather drop every item and rune I have than work for Blizzard. That's a shitshow of a company.
I would rather drop every item and rune I have than work for Blizzard. That's a shitshow of a company.
HAH +10000% same

Lo
Wisp Projector
Nobody should be running public games without space in the inventory to pick up stuff from the Ground. That's stupid as hell.
Learn your lesson and keep going.
Nobody should run anything without space in the Inv, but whatever.

IMO, we need a few QoL changes, this isn't 2001 anymore.

Give us the ability to lock items so that we have to click a padlock icon on the inventory screen before we can even take anything off.

And charms are just an idiotic design decision. Why do we trade quality of life (inventory space) for damage? That makes no sense! Make the charm inventory and the item inventory separate; probably the charm inventory won't be quite the size of the current inventory.

Donno why so many people are so opposed to quality of life upgrades that don't affect game balance in any way.
tatarjj wrote: 2 years ago

Give us the ability to lock items so that we have to click a padlock icon on the inventory screen before we can even take anything off.

And charms are just an idiotic design decision. Why do we trade quality of life (inventory space) for damage? That makes no sense! Make the charm inventory and the item inventory separate; probably the charm inventory won't be quite the size of the current inventory.

Donno why so many people are so opposed to quality of life upgrades that don't affect game balance in any way.
Separate charm-only inventory with 40 spaces not including the 40 spaces in our inventory? Yes, please.
oldboldsummoner wrote: 2 years ago
tatarjj wrote: 2 years ago

Separate charm-only inventory with 40 spaces not including the 40 spaces in our inventory? Yes, please.
It would probably need to be like 32 spaces, even the most insane charm-stackers who fill their entire inventory still keep a cube and two tomes. I think. So to not change game balance, the charm inventory should only be 32.

Deleted User 31915 0

Early on in the game, I was trading with a random guy, and he offered me his (only, I assume)
Ist
for something very banal. I immediately told him that I cannot accept his offer, and I linked him to some sites, and told him to arm himself with knowledge so that he is not ripped off by dirtbags in the future.

I've done this several times. Do I do this in order to feel special or superior? Nope, not at all. I do this because it's RIGHT.

Anyway, be careful next time. D2 = the swamp, and the swamp creatures are plentiful.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...