Can be used to make Runewords:

I did 50-60 runs without ANY decent drop let alone a D
Key
. Last game double dropped D Keys and lots more over the next. RNG

Nature's Peace
= worth it (and a
Lem
only)
i always found these nihl rune were the worst, between the OP night lords and the instant Death of nihl curse ..
Perhaps your friend meant you'll find a
Key
every 14 runs on average.

Maxroll dropcalc says your chance to drop it on p1 game is 1:12.2 every time you kill
Nihlathak

That means theoretically, you could do thousands of runs and not find one. Probably one will drop but possibly not.
I have had over 60 runs without a
Key
, and I saw other people claiming more than 100. The RNG on this game is a big piece of shit.
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
The issue with vipers is that you get dealt 40 PHYSICAL DAMAGE every frame you get through the cloud. That means that if you walk through the cloud for a second (30 frames), you get a massive damage to you DIRECTLY, regardless of your poison res.

Thus, your best option is to wear 2 nature Peace rings (reducing each of them about 8 physical damage) and some other physical damage reduction gear. This will substract the 40 per frame directly, making you more solid against vipers.

Also nature Peace rings prevent monster revival, so
Corpse Explosion
does not happen, making the runs safer.

Also only run nilli if you get full rejuvenation potions in case he corpse explode any mob killed by your merc.

Sol
runes also give damage reduction if you can socket some of them. Thats the setup I use to run nilli.
I forgot
Nature's Peace
has DR. It's practically a hard-counter to Nihlithak then, that is pretty cool.

On my hybridzon I pretty much refuse to alter my ring setup now that I gambled this mega mana rare ring: 6% mana leech (perfect), +1 mana on kill (perfect), +65 to mana, +7 all res, to compliment a high
Raven Frost
. So I just stand still and hit them with
Freezing Arrow
, as long as I don't move, the secret phys damage from the cloud never hits. I don't move, and they are frozen. They're instantly freeze-locked, and I can usually line up at least two at a time when using Harmony (the
Vigor
aura is extremely powerful for this reason, you can outrun almost anything with Harmony +
The Cat's Eye
). The vipers have 0 cold res in hell, and only 25% phys res.

Merc has Reaper's Toll, so any tough champ packs or uniques, merc runs in and with Treachery for IAS, starts constantly proccing
Decrepify
. Well the whole pack is screwed then, since if they can't be frozen, they are at least perma-chilled when shooting 8-frame with some +cold damage charms. My phys dmg and therefore leeching skyrockets due to decrep, so really Reaper's Toll just revvs up your mana leech when you need it most. Reaper's Toll also completely wrecks Burning Souls in WSK, since they have 90% phys res, your merc's damage goes from 0.1 to 0.6 -- that's right, 6x the typical phys damage you and merc normally would do to Burning Souls. They just fall down when hit with -50% phys res (on top of
Freezing Arrow
damage). I've also tried Insight and Obedience (both SO nice in different ways), but I feel like finally my own phys damage is high enough, from pumping dex, that RT is worth it for the end-game to pump the damage and mana leeching further. Merc also wears 20%
Vampire Gaze
(
Cham
), so he has huge leech and 45% IAS
Thresher
breakpoint -- practically never dies once
Fade
procs from Treachery.

Since I'm dedicated to these two rings due to their killing power, when running Nihlithak I often ditch Spirit shield in favor of
Stormshield
with
Perfect Ruby
-- hard counter to
Corpse Explosion
which is 50% phys 50% fire.

Sorry for the rant, but having tried a lot of stuff with hybridzon since launch (it's been my only char besides mules and socket questers), I feel like I should mention what has worked -- Nihlithak is hugely important since instead of Enigma (Zon has terrible cast speeds), I have extremely high run/walk speed, this is one of the best places to farm (keys obv) due to predictable maps -- and high-level XP from Nihlithak himself is icing on the cake. WSK is more efficient -- it's the best farming spot in the game since it's the only level 85 area with a waypoint (discounting
River of Flame
since no-one farms it) and obviously leads to throne and chamber. Trav is also excellent with high run/walk speed. But doing the occasional few sets of Nihlithak runs is always good too -- mix it up!
It's okay bro. I farmed ONLY
Key of Hate
for 2 full movies (3.5 hours)..

Got 0 keys..

Then I was rushing my mule to Hell one time and it dropped.

It really is a same game as 20 years ago.. IT KNOWS WHEN YOU FARM and don't drop the item you want.. BUT IT DROPS when you LEAST expect it...

Check out my profile or Active (All) section for more items!
OP
Third
Key
after 20 runs without a
Key
. It seems to be impossible for me to get at least 1
Key
per evening.
my record was 3 hours-straight without a
Key
, got tons of gems tho lol
I've been running Countess/Summoner/Nihilthak off and on since the game released.

Only 1 H
Key
dropped. :|
Worst here, 30 Nithahlak runs no
Key

You can add me: kosiorro#2711
OP
New high score. Over 60 runs with a
Key
. I give up now. This game makes no fun.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
97 is my highscore this season :)

Told my GF id come watch movies with her after I found 1 dkey....

She was not happy.
xSD wrote: 2 years ago
97 is my highscore this season :)

Told my GF id come watch movies with her after I found 1 dkey....

She was not happy.
Classic D2... testing relationships' strength since 2000.

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
I once did 26
Nihlathak
runs in a row without a
Key
, then on the 27th run, he dropped 3 keys at once. I read somewhere that 3 keys is a 1 in like 27000 probability, lol.
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
thraxismodarodan wrote: 2 years ago
I'm currently looking at four dozen or so runs against
The Countess
without a
Key of Terror
drop... Plenty of regular Keys, for chests, though.

I think she's taunting me.
Keep running her. Last time I had a dry spell from her (100 runs NO
Key
) she droped me an SOJ and a
Lo
rune, so keep grinding friend!!!!!!
My record with Countess was 102 runs without a
Key
. But I got 2 Shakos from her.
OP
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
Merc also wears 20%
Vampire Gaze
(
Cham
Thresher
Fade
procs from Treachery.
Since I do not use a merc, I use the
Helm
now myself. It helps at bit. My damage reduction is now 30%. But my resistance went down from 90% to 75%, poison still 80%. Life leech went up to 26%. But I still die once every 20 runs. The major reasons are:
  • Too many vipers. 3 are fine, but 9 are a problem.
  • Too many physical immune. No life leech.
  • Too many shooting bitches. Not enough hit recovery (zero).
  • Nihlathak
    with Might + Amplyfy Damage. Not enough life (~1000).
In cases where two ore three items of the list come together, I am dead.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
ceving wrote: 2 years ago
Is this normal? Someone told me on YT, that you get every 14 runs a
Key
This saying is just a diffrent way to say, that you have 1/14 chance to get a
Key
for every run. This does NOT mean, you get a
Key
after 14 runs. Those value make only sense if we talk about big numbers of runs like if you do 1000 Nihl runs, you can EXPECT to get about 71 keys maybe more, maybe less.
one time i even dropped 2 keys from him at the same time :D
ceving wrote: 2 years ago
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
Merc also wears 20%
Vampire Gaze
(
Cham
Thresher
Fade
procs from Treachery.
Since I do not use a merc, I use the
Helm
now myself. It helps at bit. My damage reduction is now 30%. But my resistance went down from 90% to 75%, poison still 80%. Life leech went up to 26%. But I still die once every 20 runs. The major reasons are:
  • Too many vipers. 3 are fine, but 9 are a problem.
  • Too many physical immune. No life leech.
  • Too many shooting bitches. Not enough hit recovery (zero).
  • Nihlathak
    with Might + Amplyfy Damage. Not enough life (~1000).
In cases where two ore three items of the list come together, I am dead.
Yes it is easy to get overwhelmed there, especially since they are so fast. With Zon I just cast
Decoy
ā€” she buys me about 2 seconds which is enough to back up or kill a few vipers. Sometimes I cast her near the back of the pack so that the rear snakes stay back while the forward snakes keep coming. Any way to tactically split up their ranks helps a TON since they are so fast. Maybe you could
Stun
two of them, then immediately run back half a screen to drag the unstunned ones forward? I leverage
Decoy
and
Freezing Arrow
so much for utility that I donā€™t know what Iā€™d do without them.
I have a feeling there are some time periods when
Key
drops are turned off. Seriously. I always farm with 8 player games now doing some fast runs to nihl or other and sometimes for hour or two there is no drop like 30 runs or more, even 50. Then suddenly,
Key
start dropping. 1 run drops, second even 3 in a row then 5 nothing... starting to drop normally like u feel its 10%.

I bet something is up there. Like server got some time periods or like "dropped count max per 3 hours". After 2 months farming and farming year ago in original d2 i say there are some hidden mechanics, that is not just rng.

Gz on
Lo
, i dropped
Lo
from nihl at begining 2 months ago and after 1k kills or more he dropped nothing else. Well, if u count stupid
Cham
from
Skeleton
then also that. Thats all when it come for farming. The rng jesus in this game is cruel as f. You can farm hard for a month and get nothing. Just trading left so u can get anything...

Gorpyr#2305

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation